meta-freescale.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* [meta-freescale] iMX6 imx vpu video processing hardware status
@ 2021-02-24 13:31 Terry Barnaby
From: Terry Barnaby @ 2021-02-24 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

I am trying to build a Yocto image for a Wandboard WB-IMX6U-BW using the
dunfell http://freescale.github.io code.

The default build with "MACHINE ??= 'wandboard', DISTRO ?= 'fslc-x11',
and bitbake fsl-image-multimedia-full" builds and runs fine (after
latest uboot is used).

However this does not appear to have the "gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx" and
the lower level imx vdu components needed for hardware video processing.

I have been trying many things to try and build a system with this
support, but I am going around in circles and not getting anywhere. I
have tried the route of setting IMX_DEFAULT_BSP="nxp" and trying to use
the linux-fslc-imx kernel etc, but am playing in the dark.

1. Can someone tell me the current state of using the IMX6DL video
processing hardware (vpu etc.) with Yocto dunfell ?

2. How should I approach creating a suitable release that would support
the video processing hardware, for example which BSP and which kernel
(linux-fslc-imx, linux0imx, linux-fslc ?) for a Wandboard ?

Cheers

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-24 13:31 UTC | newest]