meta-virtualization.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Missing https protocol for kata-containers recipes
@ 2022-06-02 12:20 Aurélien Bertron
From: Aurélien Bertron @ 2022-06-02 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-virtualization

On branch kirkstone, the kata-* recipes clone their sources from github. The git fetcher uses unsafe git protocol by default which Github does not support. This makes the fetch step to fail.
One can fix this by adding ";protocol=https" at the end of the SRC_URI entry.

Aurélien.

* Re: [meta-virtualization] Missing https protocol for kata-containers recipes
@ 2022-06-02 12:43 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2022-06-02 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aurélien Bertron; +Cc: meta-virtualization

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 8:20 AM Aurélien Bertron
<aurelienbertron@gmail.com> wrote:

> On branch kirkstone, the kata-* recipes clone their sources from github. The git fetcher uses unsafe git protocol by default which Github does not support. This makes the fetch step to fail.
> One can fix this by adding ";protocol=https" at the end of the SRC_URI entry.

The output of those recipes are broken, but I've left them around (and
didn't include them in the global conversions of protocol, etc) to
entice any interested parties into fixing them :) I could add them to
the block list, but then, they'd be less visible.

So you must be running some sort of world build, or fetch-all to
trigger those particular errors.

I'll think about this for a bit. The protocol fix is easy enough, but
I may just block them this time, versus fixing them up without
testing.

Bruce

> Aurélien.

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II

* Re: Missing https protocol for kata-containers recipes
@ 2022-06-02 13:35   ` Aurélien Bertron
From: Aurélien Bertron @ 2022-06-02 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-virtualization