meta-virtualization.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Issues with k3s runtime on master
@ 2022-04-08 16:53 Diego Sueiro
       [not found] ` <16E3FAAA055371F3.26526@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Diego Sueiro @ 2022-04-08 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-virtualization; +Cc: Bruce Ashfield, Richard Neill, nd

Hi Bruce,

I'm having k3s runtime issues where during the k3s.service start I'm getting error messages about missing /usr/libexec/cni/flannel.

I saw that the cni_git.bb recipe was bumped to versions where flannel and its plugin are not available anymore.

In this case, should we have a recipe to provide both flannel and its plugin?

* Re: Issues with k3s runtime on master
@ 2022-04-08 17:04 ` Bruce Ashfield
       [not found] ` <16E3FAAA055371F3.26526@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2022-04-08 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Sueiro; +Cc: meta-virtualization, Richard Neill, nd

On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 12:54 PM Diego Sueiro <Diego.Sueiro@arm.com> wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> I'm having k3s runtime issues where during the k3s.service start I'm
> getting error messages about missing /usr/libexec/cni/flannel.
>
> I saw that the cni_git.bb recipe was bumped to versions where flannel and
> its plugin are not available anymore.

In this case, should we have a recipe to provide both flannel and its
> plugin?

Yep. I don't use flannel, so it wasn't something that I had done. That
being said, I wanted to avoid maintaining separate recipes per-plugin, so
when the need arose, I was going to add it to cni_git as an entry on the
SRC_URI.

I can have a go at doing that, now that I know there is a need.

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end

* Re: [meta-virtualization] Issues with k3s runtime on master
       [not found] ` <16E3FAAA055371F3.26526@lists.yoctoproject.org>
@ 2022-04-08 17:39   ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2022-04-08 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: Diego Sueiro, meta-virtualization, Richard Neill, nd

On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 1:04 PM Bruce Ashfield via lists.yoctoproject.org
<bruce.ashfield=gmail.com@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 12:54 PM Diego Sueiro <Diego.Sueiro@arm.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bruce,
>>
>> I'm having k3s runtime issues where during the k3s.service start I'm
>> getting error messages about missing /usr/libexec/cni/flannel.
>>
>> I saw that the cni_git.bb recipe was bumped to versions where flannel
>> and its plugin are not available anymore.
>>

> In this case, should we have a recipe to provide both flannel and its
>> plugin?
>>

> Yep. I don't use flannel, so it wasn't something that I had done. That
> being said, I wanted to avoid maintaining separate recipes per-plugin, so
> when the need arose, I was going to add it to cni_git as an entry on the
> SRC_URI.
>
> I can have a go at doing that, now that I know there is a need.

FYI: Here's the WIP change:
https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-virtualization/commit/?h=master-next&id=589391db2777f844577a3805fa475515fe62c99f

Bruce

@ 2022-04-08 18:06     ` Diego Sueiro
From: Diego Sueiro @ 2022-04-08 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: meta-virtualization, Richard Neill, nd

On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 1:04 PM Bruce Ashfield via lists.yoctoproject.org<http://lists.yoctoproject.org> <bruce.ashfield=gmail.com@lists.yoctoproject.org<mailto:gmail.com@lists.yoctoproject.org>> wrote:

I saw that the cni_git.bb<http://cni_git.bb> recipe was bumped to versions where flannel and its plugin are not available anymore.

In this case, should we have a recipe to provide both flannel and its plugin?

Yep. I don't use flannel, so it wasn't something that I had done. That being said, I wanted to avoid maintaining separate recipes per-plugin, so when the need arose, I was going to add it to cni_git as an entry on the SRC_URI.

I can have a go at doing that, now that I know there is a need.

FYI: Here's the WIP change: https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-virtualization/commit/?h=master-next&id=589391db2777f844577a3805fa475515fe62c99f

I can confirm that the k3s runtime is working with this change.
Should we have SRCREV_FORMAT = "cni_plugins_flannel_plugin" as well as adding ;protocol=https into the SRC_URI?

Bruce

Bruce