meta-virtualization.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* ceph upgrade
@ 2024-03-06  2:22 Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2024-03-06  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-virtualization

Hi all,

If anyone has experience with Cmake, I could use a hand completing the
ceph upgrade that is marked as WIP in master-next.

It took me a few hours today, but I managed to get past python3
detection issues, but now I'm running into a compiler test failure
during the build.

To me, it looks like our sysroot isn't being passed, which could be
related to the toolchain.cmake not being used (since the compiler test
is being launched by a sub component).

I'm inclined to be stubborn about this, and keep working on getting
the package bumped, as it has missed a few upgrades and is in need of
some love.

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end

* Re: [meta-virtualization] ceph upgrade
@ 2024-03-06  6:38 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2024-03-06  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: meta-virtualization

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 6:22 PM Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If anyone has experience with Cmake, I could use a hand completing the
> ceph upgrade that is marked as WIP in master-next.
>
> It took me a few hours today, but I managed to get past python3
> detection issues, but now I'm running into a compiler test failure
> during the build.
>
> To me, it looks like our sysroot isn't being passed, which could be
> related to the toolchain.cmake not being used (since the compiler test
> is being launched by a sub component).

Post the cmake error logs this might give some hints

@ 2024-03-06 14:24   ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2024-03-06 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: meta-virtualization

On Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 1:38 AM Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 6:22 PM Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If anyone has experience with Cmake, I could use a hand completing the
>> ceph upgrade that is marked as WIP in master-next.
>>
>> It took me a few hours today, but I managed to get past python3
>> detection issues, but now I'm running into a compiler test failure
>> during the build.
>>
>> To me, it looks like our sysroot isn't being passed, which could be
>> related to the toolchain.cmake not being used (since the compiler test
>> is being launched by a sub component).
>

> Post the cmake error logs this might give some hints

Instead of that, I've pushed the broken recipe to master-next. The logs aren't
very useful because they are missing the important details.

CMake is failing a "working c compiler" test on one of the nested modules
it builds.  In particular it can't find things lke libgcc, etc.

That of course implies that the sysroot and our other toolchain options are
not making it to that level of the build. That's about all that the logs will
tell someone.

That's the part I need help with, I have no idea how to (and everything
I've tried has failed) to get those flags picked up by that part of the
build. Other components are building file, so the toolchain environment
is not completely broken.

Assistance in that area, really does need to hands on since the logs
don't show nearly enough to debug it.

Bruce

@ 2024-03-14  8:11                 ` Chen, Qi
From: Chen, Qi @ 2024-03-14  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruce.ashfield; +Cc: Christopher Clark, Tim Orling, meta-virtualization

Hi Bruce,

I've sent out V2, which handles these QA issues, as well as some simple runtime issues.

Regards,
Qi

From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2024-03-13 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ChenQi; +Cc: Christopher Clark, Tim Orling, meta-virtualization