toaster.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* how to compile modified recipes using toaster.
@ 2017-10-06  9:41 siva.v
From: siva.v @ 2017-10-06  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

Dear Yocto Team,

I have cloned the morty source from yoctoproject.org. Now I have
compiled the images for my board suceesfull, then I modified some some
recipes like busybox  and I recompile the busybox using toaster ui.

Now the problem is every time toaster fetching and compiling the source
from internet and my modificarions are not compiling .
Please guide me to do this.

Thanks!.

* Re: how to compile modified recipes using toaster.
@ 2017-10-10  4:51 ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2017-10-10  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: siva.v; +Cc: toaster

Hi Siva,

Thank you for using Toaster!

Toaster normally uses only the upstream layers, and will even "--force" a refresh (for your safety) it you attempt to modify the cached versions in " _toaster_clones" (that surprised me as well when I was trying to debug something).

If you want to use layers that you have locally modified, then you should import them into Toaster. I believe that they will override the upstream versions, though you may want to remove those from the project to make sure.

If that is not sufficient, there are hacks to override the "--force" refresh, at least for the short term to get you past your block (look in "localhostbecontroller.py").

- David