toaster.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* toaster not compatible with konqueror browser (or vice versa....)
@ 2017-10-11 13:13 Stéphane Ancelot
From: Stéphane Ancelot @ 2017-10-11 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

Hi,

Next to toaster setup I was trying finding a reason why I could not find
any layer available / information available in the web interface when
creating it.

I was using konqueror web browser ... and it definitively does not work
with toaster !!

I used chromium and it works better now !!!

Regards

S.Ancelot

* Re: toaster not compatible with konqueror browser (or vice versa....)
@ 2017-10-11 15:28 ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2017-10-11 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane Ancelot; +Cc: toaster

Hi Stéphane,

Thank you for the information about Konqueror - it is good to know in case it surprises other users.

We only really use FireFox and Chrome (and occasionally IE).

I have installed Konqueror and tried it. It turns out that Konqueror does not like "jquery-2.0.3.min.js", specifically line 284. While I am happy that there is a JS debugger available, it seems to be really klunky and it will not tell me why it did not like that line (nor can I seem to cut and paste any content so I cannot easily look the error up on the web). Having a useful JS debugger is a minimum in supporting a browser, as is supporting the common JS classes.

So what you are seeing is the result of the Javascript engine halting on an error, and without that none of the dynamic information will load into Toaster (and these days that is pretty much all of the tables and status and all).

- David