toaster.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Unable to access toaster server - Regarding
@ 2017-10-19  5:40 Ponguru Surendranath
From: Ponguru Surendranath @ 2017-10-19  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

Hi there,

I'm a beginner for toaster. The following are the steps I've followed to use toaster.

*         sudo apt-get install python3-pip

*         git clone -b rocko git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git

*         cd poky

*         sudo pip3 install -r /home/ntp-152/surendra/poky/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt

*         source /path/to/oe-init-build-env /path/to/build/dir

*         source toaster start
After this I opened the URL http://localhost:8000. But, I'm see an error on this and the screenshot of error is attached. Also, the toaster-requirements.txt is also attached. Please help.

Regards,
Surendra.
Siliconupdates<siliconupdates.blogspot.com>

________________________________

Confidentiality Statement / Disclaimer : This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.

The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.

________________________________

[-- Attachment #2: toaster-requirements.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 56 bytes --]

Django>1.8,<1.9.9
argparse==1.2.1
beautifulsoup4>=4.4.0

[-- Attachment #3: Screenshot from 2017-10-19 10%3A47%3A26.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 121973 bytes --]

* Re: Unable to access toaster server - Regarding
@ 2017-10-19  7:29 ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2017-10-19  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ponguru Surendranath; +Cc: toaster

Hi Surendra,

I have not seen this bug before.

1) Try these exact instructions to start Toaster, in case there is something lost in translation. This will start Toaster in the default ".../poky/build" directory.

$ cd poky

$ source oe-init-build-env

$ source toaster start

2) It appears that you got Toaster to connect, but then when you tried to create a new project you got the error in the screen shot?

3) Do you get the same problem if you clone against Pyro?

I will re-test Toaster against Rocko just in case some last minute fix broke something.

- David

@ 2017-10-19 11:35   ` Ponguru Surendranath
From: Ponguru Surendranath @ 2017-10-19 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David; +Cc: toaster

Thank you very much, David, for the prompt reply.

1.       Toaster is now working fine. Instead of pip3, I used pip and this resolved the issue.

2.       Yes, toaster server has connected once. When I clicked on 'New Project' button, I got the error mentioned in the previous screenshot.

3.       After I used pip, I'm able to clone all the versions.

After creating a new project in Toaster, I've added the required meta layers and configured the Bitbake variables as you see the attachment.
My requirement is to build agl-demo-platform image. But, I couldn't find it in the image recipes. So, for time being, I tried building core-image-minimal, for which I go the error attached. Please help.
Also, if there are any beginner mistakes, please suggest how to correct them.

[...]

[-- Attachment #2: 3.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 213181 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: 1.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 210097 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #4: 2.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 199927 bytes --]

* Re: Unable to access toaster server - Regarding
@ 2017-10-19 22:47     ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2017-10-19 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ponguru Surendranath; +Cc: toaster

Hi Surendra,

1. "Toaster is now working fine. Instead of pip3, I used pip and this resolved the issue."

I am glad that it is working now. The resolution is interesting. With YP-2.2 we all moved to Python3, which is why we now use pip3 instead of just pip. I wonder what host and version you have.

2. "My requirement is to build agl-demo-platform image. But, I couldn't find it in the image recipes"

When I just now created a project against project against "Rocko" I did not see the image recipe "agl-demo-platform image", but when I create it against "master" I do!

It is often the case that all these layers take a while to get the latest and greatest branches configured. So, I recommend working with "master" until things stabilize more for Rocko.

- David

@ 2017-10-20 13:31       ` Ponguru Surendranath
From: Ponguru Surendranath @ 2017-10-20 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David; +Cc: toaster

Hello David,

Thank you for your wonderful help.

After exploring a little, I tired adding a custom layer to the image on a different build (Krogoth) on Toaster. I've imported the layer gpsnavi-agl as a custom layer.
As suggested from the video to create custom layer<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJzaE_XjX5c> that is referenced<http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/toaster-manual/toaster-manual.html#web-interface-videos> in Toaster user manual v2.4, I figured out that navi_0.0.7.bb and navidata_0.0.7.bb are the recipes available in the layer. I get the error mentioned in the screenshot attached. I followed the same steps, but this time for Krogoth build, as I've mentioned in the previous mails. Please help me to correct this.

On the other hand, I'm able to see only the Jethro and Krogoth builds in my toaster interfaces; the screenshot is attached (Printscreen is unable to capture the pulldown menu!). Can you suggest me how to cope up with the master branch, if possible?

Happy Weekend!!

[...]

[-- Attachment #2: Screenshot from 2017-10-20 18%3A45%3A29.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 180463 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: Screenshot from 2017-10-20 18%3A56%3A20.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 115851 bytes --]

* Re: Unable to access toaster server - Regarding
@ 2017-10-22 13:48         ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2017-10-22 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ponguru Surendranath; +Cc: toaster

Hi Surendra ,

> "I'm able to see only the Jethro and Krogoth builds in my toaster interfaces"

It is obvious from the screen shot that you are working with an old version of YP. That explains why your git branch error was against "Krogoth" which is YP-2.1 (April 2016), where we are currently at YP-2.4.

Unless you have a business reason to use that old release, I strongly recommend using the current version.

  $ git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky && cd poky
  $ . oe-init-build-env
  $ . toaster start webport=0.0.0.0:8000

If you are required to use Krogoth, then we need to do deeper debugging. For example, I would need the "toaster_runbuilds.log" file in the project directory to see exactly the layer that does seem to have the branch that you are trying to pull.

- David

@ 2017-10-23  7:34           ` Ponguru Surendranath
From: Ponguru Surendranath @ 2017-10-23  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David; +Cc: toaster

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 10387 bytes --]

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your support.

1.       As you suggested, I started building the Rocko brach. I've added the required layers as mentioned in the screenshot. When I'm trying to build agl-demo-platform, I have the error attached. Please help.

2.       Does the rocko branch support imx6qsabreauto machine?

> [...]

________________________________

Confidentiality Statement / Disclaimer : This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.

The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.

[-- Attachment #2: Screenshot from 2017-10-23 12%3A58%3A47.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 155034 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: Screenshot from 2017-10-23 13%3A02%3A20.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 229865 bytes --]

* Re: Unable to access toaster server - Regarding
@ 2017-10-23 21:37             ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2017-10-23 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ponguru Surendranath; +Cc: toaster

Hi Surendra,

I am going to forward your questions to the AGL maintainer.

- David