toaster.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* [Toaster][zeus] stuck on the 'landing' page
@ 2020-04-02  9:11 David Marec
From: David Marec @ 2020-04-02  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

Hi folks,

I would like to setup of toaster web interface that allows user to build yocto images on their own.

To achieve this, I installed a debian-9[1] linux distro in a VM and read this handbook:

* https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/3.0/toaster-manual/toaster-manual.html

in order to install toaster from the zeus branch in a * production environment *.

I hit the following issues:

* The migration process triggers following error:

>> Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

… solved by creating a UTF-8 compliant database:

`CREATE DATABASE toaster_data CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT COLLATE utf8_general_ci`

* Apache failed to load django:

> mod_wsgi (pid=4529): Target WSGI script '/var/www/toaster/poky/bitbake/lib/toaster/toastermain/wsgi.py' cannot be loaded as Python module.
> mod_wsgi (pid=4529): Exception occurred processing WSGI script '/var/www/toaster/poky/bitbake/lib/toaster/toastermain/wsgi.py'.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/var/www/toaster/poky/bitbake/lib/toaster/toastermain/wsgi.py", line 31, in <module>
> from django.core.wsgi import get_wsgi_application
> ImportError: No module named 'django'

I tried with no success to grant www-data group to access to bitbake/lib/toaster.
Finally, I ** pip-installed ** the toaster requirements into the base system, not in a virtualdev (--user) environment.
I do have to install mysqlclient with pip also.

Finally, I a get a working webserver.

```sh
$ toaster@debian9:~/poky/build$ source ../bitbake/bin/toaster start noweb
```

But now, I 'am stuck on a "landing" page, where I can't do nothing but wait for build captures.
- unless the django admin pages sounds ok  -

At the time I was running the rocko branch, I was able to get a full feature web interface running in a local environment
(no sql server, no web server).

How can  I give access to this pages while  running in a production environment ?

Regards,

[1]: Debian 10 updated its python base to release 3.7 and the django release shipped with yocto fails to run in this environment.

--

David Marec

FreeBSD AMD64 poudriere : http://poudriere.lapinbilly.eu/

* [Toaster][zeus] stuck on the 'landing' page
@ 2020-04-01 14:52 David Marec
From: David Marec @ 2020-04-01 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

Hi put-in-quarantine folks,