yocto.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Network Isolation and CMake FetchContent
@ 2023-03-22 16:58 Rudolf J Streif
From: Rudolf J Streif @ 2023-03-22 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a vendor project which uses CMake FetchContent.

It's simple to override FETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON which is set
in the cmake class. However, that does not fix the issue since network
isolation prevents the CMake from downloading the content.

I have not found a way to override the network isolation. Is there one?

Now this is not a discussion about whether FetchContent or not is a good
idea and any potential other issues that could arise from using it. For
me it's to quickly enable a functionality without jumping through hoops
of patching the vendor sources etc.

Cheers,
Rudi

* Re: [yocto] Network Isolation and CMake FetchContent
@ 2023-03-22 17:56 ` Jose Quaresma
From: Jose Quaresma @ 2023-03-22 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Rudolf,

Rudolf J Streif <rudolf.streif@ibeeto.com> escreveu no dia quarta,
22/03/2023 à(s) 16:58:

> I have a vendor project which uses CMake FetchContent.
>
> It's simple to override FETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON which is set
> in the cmake class. However, that does not fix the issue since network
> isolation prevents the CMake from downloading the content.
>
> I have not found a way to override the network isolation. Is there one?

please try in a recipe bbappend with

do_configure[network] = "1"

Jose

> Now this is not a discussion about whether FetchContent or not is a good
> idea and any potential other issues that could arise from using it. For
> me it's to quickly enable a functionality without jumping through hoops
> of patching the vendor sources etc.
>
> Cheers,
> Rudi

Best regards,

José Quaresma

* Re: [yocto] Network Isolation and CMake FetchContent
@ 2023-03-22 18:00   ` Rudolf J Streif
From: Rudolf J Streif @ 2023-03-22 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/22/23 10:56, Jose Quaresma wrote:
> Hi Rudolf,
>
> Rudolf J Streif <rudolf.streif@ibeeto.com> escreveu no dia quarta,
> 22/03/2023 à(s) 16:58:
>
>     I have a vendor project which uses CMake FetchContent.
>
>     It's simple to override FETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON which
>     is set
>     in the cmake class. However, that does not fix the issue since
>     network
>     isolation prevents the CMake from downloading the content.
>
>     I have not found a way to override the network isolation. Is there
>     one?
>

> please try in a recipe bbappend with
>
> do_configure[network] = "1"

Thank you. That did the trick. I should have known that. It's one of
these days...

--
Rudolf J Streif
CEO/CTO

* Re: [yocto] Network Isolation and CMake FetchContent
@ 2023-03-24 11:01 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2023-03-24 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 22 Mar 2023, at 16:58, Rudolf J Streif via lists.yoctoproject.org <rudolf.streif=ibeeto.com@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:
>
> I have a vendor project which uses CMake FetchContent.
>
> It's simple to override FETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON which is set in the cmake class. However, that does not fix the issue since network isolation prevents the CMake from downloading the content.
>
> I have not found a way to override the network isolation. Is there one?

Yes: do_compile[network] = “1”

Ross