yocto.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Re: [yocto] Gtk+3 applications are missing icons.
       [not found] <16A832CD45D95B89.12372@lists.yoctoproject.org>
@ 2021-09-26 10:27 ` Manuel Wagesreither
From: Manuel Wagesreither @ 2021-09-26 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Am So, 26. Sep 2021, um 00:58, schrieb Manuel Wagesreither:
> I built an image based on core-image and added the package gtk+3-demos.
> I'm using wayland with weston compositor. Unfortunately icons seem to
> be missing. Can anyone give me a hint on what went wrong? I'm on
> Dunfell.
>
> Here's a screenshot: https://imgur.com/syLzQ1l

Seems Gtk doesn't come with a default icon set. I added package  `adwaita-icon-theme` to my build, and now I've got most icons. The icons for window maximize and minimize are still missing, though.

https://imgur.com/a/VjJiScU

Does anyone know what it needs to make them being displayed as well?

Thanks, regards,
Manuel

* Re: [yocto] Gtk+3 applications are missing icons.
@ 2021-09-26 16:46   ` Manuel Wagesreither
From: Manuel Wagesreither @ 2021-09-26 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Alex!

Am So, 26. Sep 2021, um 12:11, schrieb Alexander Kanavin:
> The icons are typically provided by adwaita-icon-theme, so you need to check whether that package is installed, and then whether it's missing something. strace may help so you see what files are the demos trying to open.
>
> Alex
>
> On Sun, 26 Sept 2021 at 00:58, Manuel Wagesreither <ManWag@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I built an image based on core-image and added the package gtk+3-demos. I'm using wayland with weston compositor. Unfortunately icons seem to be missing. Can anyone give me a hint on what went wrong? I'm on Dunfell.
>>
>> Here's a screenshot: https://imgur.com/syLzQ1l
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>> Manuel

I had the same idea right around the time you replied. It worked!

Strace is good advice, am using strace now to track down that one missing icon. (See my subthread.)

Thanks for helping! Manuel

* Re: [yocto] Gtk+3 applications are missing icons.
@ 2021-09-26 10:11 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2021-09-26 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)