yocto.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* How to submit/create a new repository in http://git.yoctoproject.org/
@ 2021-10-08  4:02 thloh85
From: thloh85 @ 2021-10-08  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all,

I'm from StarFive and am working on distro for our risc-v based processor.
We currently have a repository (https://github.com/starfive-tech/meta-starfive) and wish to get the repository to be part of git.yoctoproject.org.
I couldn't find any information on the process to get the repository into git.yoctoproject.org. Can someone help show me the process?

Thanks
Tien Hock

* Re: [yocto] How to submit/create a new repository in http://git.yoctoproject.org/
@ 2021-10-08  9:03 ` Alexander Kanavin
       [not found]   ` <15143.1633687046063540960@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2021-10-08  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Tien,

I have to ask first: is there a reason you'd like to have it there?

Alex

@ 2021-10-08 11:53     ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2021-10-08 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

There's also a more specific thing you'd need to resolve: I believe you'd
need to pass all of the requirements listed here:
https://www.yoctoproject.org/ecosystem/branding/compatible-registration/

Alex

@ 2021-10-08 12:05       ` Nicolas Dechesne
From: Nicolas Dechesne @ 2021-10-08 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

hey,

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:53 PM Alexander Kanavin <alex.kanavin@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There's also a more specific thing you'd need to resolve: I believe you'd
> need to pass all of the requirements listed here:
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/ecosystem/branding/compatible-registration/

Not really. We definitely believe that the Yocto Project Compatible
program is a valuable tool for our ecosystem. However, layers on git.yp.org
are not required to be compatible. But that's a good suggestion for the
future, perhaps ;)

@ 2021-10-08 13:07         ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2021-10-08 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 14:05, Nicolas Dechesne <nicolas.dechesne@linaro.org>
wrote:

> hey,
>
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:53 PM Alexander Kanavin <alex.kanavin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There's also a more specific thing you'd need to resolve: I believe you'd
>> need to pass all of the requirements listed here:
>> https://www.yoctoproject.org/ecosystem/branding/compatible-registration/
>>

> Not really. We definitely believe that the Yocto Project Compatible
> program is a valuable tool for our ecosystem. However, layers on
> git.yp.org are not required to be compatible. But that's a good
> suggestion for the future, perhaps ;)

Still, that list has items that should be fulfilled even without seeking YP
compatibility, for instance:

9. All layers contain a README file which details the origin of the layer,
its maintainer, where to submit changes, and any dependencies or version
requirements.

The layer linked above does not have that in its README. Passing the YP
compatibility script is also a useful badge of quality.

Alex

* Re: [yocto] How to submit/create a new repository in http://git.yoctoproject.org/
@ 2021-10-08 14:04 ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2021-10-08 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thloh85, yocto

Hello Tien,

On 10/7/21 9:02 PM, thloh85@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm from StarFive and am working on distro for our risc-v based processor.
> We currently have a repository
> (https://github.com/starfive-tech/meta-starfive) and wish to get the
> repository to be part of git.yoctoproject.org.

Since you already have a layer, have you thought about registering it
with the layer-index ? http://layers.openembedded.org

- Armin