* Creating a windows DomU on xen from already operational windows
@ 2007-02-23 10:50 Praveen Kushwaha
From: Praveen Kushwaha @ 2007-02-23 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

         I have an already operational windows xp on a machine, on which
I have installed xen 3.0.4. Now I want to run that windows xp as DomU on
xen.

        What all the configurations I have to make to run that already
operational windows on xen.   I have the hardware of Intel VT support. I
mean to say that I have to

         Migrate already installed windows into a xen VM. If you have
any knowledge please provide me, it will be great help for me.

Thanks,

Praveen Kushwaha

* RE: Creating a windows DomU on xen from already operationalwindows
@ 2007-02-26 13:47 ` Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh
From: Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh @ 2007-02-26 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Praveen Kushwaha, xen-devel

Praveen,

You can use the physical device i.e. your WinXP partition as your VBD.
This section
<http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#S
ECTION03310000000000000000>  of the documentation gives you the syntax
you need to use in the configuration file.

Aravindh

PS: Such questions will get more burn if you post on xen-users.