* should a layer supply its own "local.conf" file?
@ 2021-06-23 10:48 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2021-06-23 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

  long story short -- was having trouble figuring out why basic
settings i was adding to my build directory's conf/local.conf were
being ignored, and traced it back to the internal layer i was using
having its own "local.conf" file (in its conf directory, sitting
quietly next to the layer's "layer.conf" file).

  argh.

  i'm assuming that it was *that* local.conf that was being consulted
by the config process (overriding mine). is there some rationale for
that? that doesn't strike me as proper design, but i'm willing to be
educated.

rday

* Re: [OE-core] should a layer supply its own "local.conf" file?
@ 2021-06-23 15:41 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-06-23 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

>    long story short -- was having trouble figuring out why basic
> settings i was adding to my build directory's conf/local.conf were
> being ignored, and traced it back to the internal layer i was using
> having its own "local.conf" file (in its conf directory, sitting
> quietly next to the layer's "layer.conf" file).
>
>    argh.
>
>    i'm assuming that it was *that* local.conf that was being consulted
> by the config process (overriding mine). is there some rationale for
> that? that doesn't strike me as proper design, but i'm willing to be
> educated.

you can check output of bitbake -e <some recipe> and see which
local.conf is being picked up and also trace the history of it
sometimes it could be included by layer.conf from particular layer etc.
there are multiple ways it can come into mix.