* Sensor value is not accurate which is generated by phosphor-hwmon
@ 2020-07-07  2:15 Duke Du (杜祥嘉)
From: Duke Du (杜祥嘉) @ 2020-07-07  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc
  Cc: Fran Hsu (徐誌謙),
	George Hung (洪忠敬),
	Eddie Lu (陸宇岡)

Hi All,
  I found sensor value type is changed to double in
xyz/openbmc_project/Sensor/Value.interface.yaml,
after this change, the sensor value on the interface
xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value which is generated by
phosphor-hwmon is not accurate, for example, 0.99 volts
would be record 0 volts on the interface. Do I miss some
configuration for phosphor-hwmon ?

Sensor value type is changed to double, which commit is :
4ec6587fa908fe9df41cc0962ab6ff6446fbd54f
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/commit/4ec6587fa908fe9df41cc0962ab6ff6446fbd54f

Thanks.
Duke Du

* Re: Sensor value is not accurate which is generated by phosphor-hwmon
@ 2020-07-07 17:48 ` Matt Spinler
From: Matt Spinler @ 2020-07-07 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Duke Du (杜祥嘉), openbmc
  Cc: Eddie Lu (陸宇岡),
	Fran Hsu (徐誌謙),
	George Hung (洪忠敬)

On 7/6/2020 9:15 PM, Duke Du (杜祥嘉) wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   I found sensor value type is changed to double in
>
> xyz/openbmc_project/Sensor/Value.interface.yaml,
>
> after this change, the sensor value on the interface
>
> xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value which is generated by
>
> phosphor-hwmon is not accurate, for example, 0.99 volts
>
> would be record 0 volts on the interface. Do I miss some
>
> configuration for phosphor-hwmon ?

Looks like that is indeed a problem.  I haven't looked closely yet,
but I wonder if how the code is attempting to support Sensor.Value
as both an int64 and a double at the same time has an issue.

Maybe now would be a good time to just support the double version.
I can take a look.

@ 2020-07-08 18:37   ` Matt Spinler
From: Matt Spinler @ 2020-07-08 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Duke Du (杜祥嘉), openbmc
  Cc: Eddie Lu (陸宇岡),
	Fran Hsu (徐誌謙),
	George Hung (洪忠敬)

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-hwmon/+/34481

@ 2020-07-09  1:35     ` Duke Du (杜祥嘉)
From: Duke Du (杜祥嘉) @ 2020-07-09  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Spinler, openbmc
  Cc: Eddie Lu (陸宇岡),
	Fran Hsu (徐誌謙),
	George Hung (洪忠敬)

Hi Matt,

  Sorry for late, I will try this commit in our project, it looks good to me, thanks for your help.

thanks
Duke