* GRUB
@ 2002-11-22 15:21 Erik Smit
From: Erik Smit @ 2002-11-22 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hi Everybody,

I just installed grub-0.92 on a DOC Millenium, however this appears to have
overwritten the original partition table:

Could not find valid boot record
Could not mount NFTL device

Since the documentation states "DO NOT EVER USE THE nftl_format UTILITY
WITHOUT FIRST SEEKING ADVICE ON THE MAILING LIST. It will erase all blocks
on the device, potentially losing the factory-programmed information about
bad blocks. (Someone really ought to fix it one of these days - ed)", what
should I do?

Thanks in Advance,

Erik Smit

* GRUB
@ 2009-09-11 13:49 Denic Sinisa
From: Denic Sinisa @ 2009-09-11 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-devel

I have a problem compiling grub-0.97 wiht reiser4 patch
There are objplug and plug_call undefined functions
Any idea ?
Thanks, Sinisa
--
Яндекс.Почта. Письма есть. Спама - нет. http://mail.yandex.ru/nospam/sign

* Grub
@ 2001-05-29  7:38 Daniel Cox
From: Daniel Cox @ 2001-05-29  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hi,

I am trying to use Grub on a DOC2000.

Using Kernel 2.4.5 and MTD from 28May.
Grub 0.5.95 from (www.gnu.org/software/grub) with both patches -doc & -doc-boot applied.
There is no patch for .5.96 and I cant find grub .5.97!

I have built the grub_firmware and installed with doc_loadbios - Grub loads correctly on rebooting.
However even with the --enable-diskonchip option for ./configure, root (dc0) does not work - selected disk does not exist!
For now I am running from a hard disk (hd0).

Once the firmware is installed, the following appears
  Could not find valid boot record
  Could not mount NFTL device

nftl_format works but removes the firmware.

How can I get the firmware installed along with a formatted partition?

How can I access the DOC device from Grub?

Does JFFS work with the DOC? I read the archive and it was recently mentioned that it does not work.

Thanks for your help.
Daniel.

* GRUB
@ 2001-04-09 19:26 Carson, Jon A.
From: Carson, Jon A. @ 2001-04-09 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'mtd@infradead.org'

HI,

I am having a "heck" of a time getting Grub going.  I am using Grub Version
0.5.96.

I tried to see if there was anything more recent , but GNU's web page took
me around in circles.

If this is the wrong version, could someone please point me to the "good
stuff".

QUESTION: Should the file "grub_firmware" be more than 78k ?

Thanks
Jon C.
ADDCO Inc.

* GRUB
@ 2001-04-05 21:00 Chris Robson
From: Chris Robson @ 2001-04-05 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mtd

Hello,
	I working on booting DOC 2000 using grub.   Does anyone have an
example menu.lst for booting for a DOC.  I guess what I looking for is
the name of the device.  ie (hd0,0).  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Chris Robson
Phocus Systems, Inc.