* udp/tcp port range rules for forward/input chains
@ 2003-10-15  3:10 Ted Kaczmarek
From: Ted Kaczmarek @ 2003-10-15  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Digging around the only thing I found was a patch-o-matic that allowed
for doing a range of 15 ports.

I see many references with dnat and snat, but nothing besides the patch
for input or forward chains.

If anyone has a link that or info that can steer me in the right
direction the beers are on me at the Javits Center Linux show.

Thanks,
Ted

PS: this is by far the best maintained mailing list I am on, kudo's to
all the contributors/participants.

* Re: udp/tcp port range rules for forward/input chains
@ 2003-10-15  6:27 ` Joel Newkirk
From: Joel Newkirk @ 2003-10-15  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tedkaz; +Cc: netfilter

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 23:10, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
> Digging around the only thing I found was a patch-o-matic that allowed
> for doing a range of 15 ports.
>
> I see many references with dnat and snat, but nothing besides the patch
> for input or forward chains.
>
> If anyone has a link that or info that can steer me in the right
> direction the beers are on me at the Javits Center Linux show.
>
> Thanks,
> Ted

Do you mean something like specifying tpc port 135 through 139 in a
single rule?

iptables -A INPUT -i $EXTIF -p tcp --dport 135:139 -j DROP

If you mean non-contiguous ports, you're looking at multiport:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m mulitport --dport 21,25,80,110,143,443 -j
ACCEPT

Multiport is limited to 15 ports per rule.

* Re: udp/tcp port range rules for forward/input chains
@ 2003-10-16 21:34   ` Ted Kaczmarek
From: Ted Kaczmarek @ 2003-10-16 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: firewalldude; +Cc: netfilter

As it turned out their was a hidden character in one of my logging rules
which was totally messing with my head :-)

Thanks,
Ted

@ 2003-10-16 21:49     ` Joel Newkirk
From: Joel Newkirk @ 2003-10-16 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tedkaz; +Cc: netfilter

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 17:34, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
> As it turned out their was a hidden character in one of my logging rules
> which was totally messing with my head :-)

> > > If anyone has a link that or info that can steer me in the right
> > > direction the beers are on me at the Javits Center Linux show.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ted

So no beer?  ;^)