* DRM and pci_driver conversion
@ 2003-10-21  2:31 Eric Anholt
From: Eric Anholt @ 2003-10-21  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: linux-fbdev-devel

I recently committed a change to the DRM for Linux in DRI CVS that
converted it to use pci_driver and that probe system.  Unfortunately,
we've found that there is a conflict between the DRM now and at least
the radeon framebuffer.  Both want to attach to the same device, and
with pci_driver, the second one to come along doesn't get probe called
for that device.  Is there any way to mark things shared, or in some
other way get the DRM to attach to a device that's already attached to,
in the new model?

Please CC me on replies as I'm not subscribed to these lists.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org

Here's your chance to show off your extensive product knowledge
We want to know what you know. Tell us and you have a chance to win $100
http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?HRPT1X3RYQNC5V4MLNSV3E54