* [Bluez-devel] using scanner with bluez and question to csr-hci-commands
@ 2005-06-24 13:24 andreas.knuth
From: andreas.knuth @ 2005-06-24 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Hi,

A time ago I installed csrsniff and bpasniff from cvs. I have a FTS and=
BPA-Sniffer.

When I'm looking now into the cvs I can't find the code again. Why?

Now its time for me to try using this with linux too. currently I am on=
ly
tried the bpasniff. It works.  the outcome from the bpasniff looks like=

baseband packages.
Have someone written some tools for decoding the packages? Or are there=

some source /info-link available for this topic?

Second question.
The csr-ships supporting a lot of additional HCI-commands (I guess its
implementation specific ...). What I have found in your CVS is the
possibility to set the BT-Address.
Is there someone working on getting the following HCI-commands implemen=
ted
in bluez - at least in cvs for testing - too?

Display supported key length of the module
Display acl connection keylength
warm-reset Resets the module
cold-reset Resets the module
Get or set the min keylen
Get or set the max keylen
Get or set if a unitkey is used

It would be helpful for testing BT implementaions, because testing the
black boxes from our supplier is not so easy without tools.
Is this genrally possible - or are there some restrictions from CSR?

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen / kind regards

Andreas Knuth
=

* Re: [Bluez-devel] using scanner with bluez and question to csr-hci-commands
@ 2005-06-24 15:41 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2005-06-24 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Hi Andreas,

> A time ago I installed csrsniff and bpasniff from cvs. I have a FTS and a
> BPA-Sniffer.
>
> When I'm looking now into the cvs I can't find the code again. Why?

the bpasniff is mostly complete. However the master/slave switching are
not really detected and the sniffing of encrypted links is not
supported. The csrsniff is still not finished and maybe never will be.
Ask Frontline for a Linux version of the FTE software.

> Now its time for me to try using this with linux too. currently I am only
> tried the bpasniff. It works.  the outcome from the bpasniff looks like
> baseband packages.
> Have someone written some tools for decoding the packages? Or are there
> some source /info-link available for this topic?

It should decode at least LMP and feed the data into L2CAP. Maybe I have
to check again if I really committed the code. At the moment I am at the
LinuxTag and don't have the BPA-105 with me.

> Second question.
> The csr-ships supporting a lot of additional HCI-commands (I guess its
> implementation specific ...). What I have found in your CVS is the
> possibility to set the BT-Address.
> Is there someone working on getting the following HCI-commands implemented
> in bluez - at least in cvs for testing - too?
>
> Display supported key length of the module

Use "hciconfig hci0 revision" as root.

> Display acl connection keylength

Use the "bccmd" tool.

> warm-reset Resets the module
> cold-reset Resets the module

Both are not implemented yet.

> Get or set the min keylen
> Get or set the max keylen

You can use the "pskey" tool for it.

> Get or set if a unitkey is used

Don't deal with unit keys at all. It is a security risk.

> It would be helpful for testing BT implementaions, because testing the
> black boxes from our supplier is not so easy without tools.
> Is this genrally possible - or are there some restrictions from CSR?

I can do a lot of special things for CSR chips if you need them. However
you have to ask me nicly or convice me with money or some other gifts ;)

Regards

Marcel

* [Bluez-devel] Function not implemented (38)
@ 2005-06-26 22:45   ` Nelson Murilo
From: Nelson Murilo @ 2005-06-26 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Sorry, but I don=B4t found it in docs/faq.=20

I try use csrsniff (and bpasniff) and both failed with same error:
# csrsniff 00:60:57:XX:XX:XX
Can't find sniffer at hci0: Function not implemented (38)

My system is:
# uname -a; hciconfig hci0 revision; hciconfig hci0
Linux debian 2.6.12-mh1 #3 Sun Jun 26 17:51:28 BRT 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
hci0:   Type: USB
        BD Address: 00:10:60:AA:9B:5B ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
        HCI 17.11
        Chip version: BlueCore02
hci0:   Type: USB
        BD Address: 00:10:60:AA:9B:5B ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
        UP RUNNING=20
        RX bytes:1532 acl:0 sco:0 events:60 errors:0
        TX bytes:850 acl:0 sco:0 commands:56 errors:0
        Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
        Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3=20
        Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK=20
        Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT=20
        Name: 'message'
        Class: 0x3e0100
        Service Classes: Networking, Rendering, Capturing
        Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
        HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x460 LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: =
0x460
        Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

Any hits is welcome and thanks in advance.

./nelson -murilo

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Function not implemented (38)
@ 2005-06-27  5:48     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2005-06-27  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Hi Nelson,

> Sorry, but I don=B4t found it in docs/faq.=20
>=20
> I try use csrsniff (and bpasniff) and both failed with same error:
> # csrsniff 00:60:57:XX:XX:XX
> Can't find sniffer at hci0: Function not implemented (38)

you need special hardware for it.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Function not implemented (38)
@ 2005-06-27 17:54       ` Nelson Murilo
From: Nelson Murilo @ 2005-06-27 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 07:48:33AM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Nelson,
>=20
> > Sorry, but I don=B4t found it in docs/faq.=20
> >=20
> > I try use csrsniff (and bpasniff) and both failed with same error:
> > # csrsniff 00:60:57:XX:XX:XX
> > Can't find sniffer at hci0: Function not implemented (38)
>=20
> you need special hardware for it.
=20

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your response.

Have you any links about it?=20

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Function not implemented (38)
@ 2005-06-27 18:20         ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2005-06-27 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Hi Nelson,

> > > Sorry, but I don=B4t found it in docs/faq.=20
> > >=20
> > > I try use csrsniff (and bpasniff) and both failed with same error:
> > > # csrsniff 00:60:57:XX:XX:XX
> > > Can't find sniffer at hci0: Function not implemented (38)
> >=20
> > you need special hardware for it.
>=20
> Have you any links about it?=20