* [Bluez-devel] using scanner with bluez and question to csr-hci-commands
@ 2005-06-24 13:24 andreas.knuth
From: andreas.knuth @ 2005-06-24 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Hi,

A time ago I installed csrsniff and bpasniff from cvs. I have a FTS and=
BPA-Sniffer.

When I'm looking now into the cvs I can't find the code again. Why?

Now its time for me to try using this with linux too. currently I am on=
ly
tried the bpasniff. It works.  the outcome from the bpasniff looks like=

baseband packages.
Have someone written some tools for decoding the packages? Or are there=

some source /info-link available for this topic?

Second question.
The csr-ships supporting a lot of additional HCI-commands (I guess its
implementation specific ...). What I have found in your CVS is the
possibility to set the BT-Address.
Is there someone working on getting the following HCI-commands implemen=
ted
in bluez - at least in cvs for testing - too?

Display supported key length of the module
Display acl connection keylength
warm-reset Resets the module
cold-reset Resets the module
Get or set the min keylen
Get or set the max keylen
Get or set if a unitkey is used

It would be helpful for testing BT implementaions, because testing the
black boxes from our supplier is not so easy without tools.
Is this genrally possible - or are there some restrictions from CSR?

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen / kind regards

Andreas Knuth
=