* 2.5.XX very sluggish
@ 2003-07-13 16:28 Chris Morgan
From: Chris Morgan @ 2003-07-13 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

1.4Ghz Athlon via 82cxx chipset, software raid 1 scsi drives, currently
running 2.4.21

With 2.5.73/74/75(the only ones I've tried thus far) the kernel boots fine
until it tries to mount the reiserfs partition on the raid1 set.  Replaying
the journal takes many times longer than with 2.4.  Once it gets past that
point the whole machine appears to be quite sluggish.  Is this a known issue
with reiserfs + software raid 1?  What information would be useful to aid in
debugging?

I have smp disabled, preemption enabled, tried with generic x86
disabled/enabled.

Thanks,
Chris

Please cc me on replies, I'm not on the list yet.