* 2.6.0-test1: Promise 20265(R) driver appears to crash on boot
@ 2003-07-19  9:27 Matthias Andree
From: Matthias Andree @ 2003-07-19  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I used 2.6.0-test1, without Promise driver, and got into init.

I then figured I'd forgotten the Promise driver, so I enabled it (linked
in) and the kernel crashes on boot since (tries to kill init).

Is this a know bug or should I post detailed crash dump information
(serial console is available -- does anyone have links to 3Com-based
ethernet kernel crash dumps with Linux 2.6?).

--
Matthias Andree

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-19  9:12 UTC | newest]