* [U-Boot-Users] RE: Nand OOB layout, u-boot and the kernel sources do not agree.. ??
@ 2003-07-24 17:56 Woodruff, Richard
From: Woodruff, Richard @ 2003-07-24 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Looking about infradead.org tells that the OOB area can be reconfigured via
ioctl.  I suppose that this is something which would be needed prior to
mount.  Having more up to date definitions would seem better....as raw nand
doesn't seem to be well supported except with jffs2 & possibly yaffs I don't
suppose the NAND_NOOB is such a concern.

Richard W.

Email me at: dge at sixnetio.com
Detailed product info: www.sixnetio.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [U-Boot-Users] RE: Nand OOB layout, u-boot and the kernel sources do not agree.. ??
@ 2003-07-24 19:13   ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2003-07-24 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <00512BA4F9D3D311912A009027E9B8F407E524@NT> you wrote:

> Position 5 is where the chip makers mark bad sectors, so we do not
> get a choice. The NAND_NOOB values in U-BOOT are wrong and should
> be changed to match the new ones in the Linux kernel. I think the
> original cmd_nand.c was based on a very old version of MTD.

Probably. Can anybody please submit a patch, then?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
This all sounds complicated, but it mostly does excatly what you  ex-
pect. It's just difficult for us to explain what you expect...
                       - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_