* [U-Boot-Users] Enhanced SDRAM tests with u-boot
@ 2003-10-20 17:03 Thomas Schäfer
From: Thomas Schäfer @ 2003-10-20 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

I have problems with the Bringup of a custom MPC8280 board and I assume that SDRAM could be the reason. When performing memory tests on the complete SDRAM with the test routines included with u-boot 0.4.5, everything is working fine. Also, u-boot is running without problems. But when booting a (known to work) linux kernel (2.4.18, MontaVista 3.0), I get exceptions after decompressing the kernel (alignment, 0x600) and when executing the initial scripts (program, 0x700). So I would like to perform more sophisticated SDRAM tests with u-boot, including burst tests. Is there anybody who has done this before? Any hints are appreciated.

Best regards

Thomas Sch?fer

GIGA STREAM GmbH

Konrad-Zuse-Str. 7