* sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2003-12-24 21:20 Eckhard Jokisch
From: Eckhard Jokisch @ 2003-12-24 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello guys,
I just noticed that the controls ( or their names) of the digital inputs of
Live!-drive are changed. If I want ot get sound out of the coaxial inputs I
have to raise the optocal s "sliders" in alsamixer as well as in
alsermixergui.

Merry Xmas to all of you

Eckhard Jokisch

* Re: sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2004-01-05 16:57 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2004-01-05 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: e.jokisch; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:20:57 +0100,
Eckhard Jokisch wrote:

> Hello guys,
> I just noticed that the controls ( or their names) of the digital inputs of
> Live!-drive are changed. If I want ot get sound out of the coaxial inputs I
> have to raise the optocal s "sliders" in alsamixer as well as in
> alsermixergui.

i don't see any changes of codes regarding this...
is only the capture switch swapped?
(to be sure, do you mean "IEC958 Optical Capture" and "IEC958 Coax
Capture", right?)

Takashi

* Re: sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2004-01-05 17:07   ` Mark Knecht
From: Mark Knecht @ 2004-01-05 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: e.jokisch, Alsa-Devel

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 08:57, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:20:57 +0100,
> Eckhard Jokisch wrote:
> >
> > Hello guys,
> > I just noticed that the controls ( or their names) of the digital inputs of
> > Live!-drive are changed. If I want ot get sound out of the coaxial inputs I
> > have to raise the optocal s "sliders" in alsamixer as well as in
> > alsermixergui.
>
> i don't see any changes of codes regarding this...
> is only the capture switch swapped?
> (to be sure, do you mean "IEC958 Optical Capture" and "IEC958 Coax
> Capture", right?)
>

> Takashi

Recently the I/O's of the Hammerfall Light also changed:

Old

playback_1-8   -> ADAT1
playback_9_16  -> ADAT2
playback_17-18 -> spdif (I suppose)

Now

playback_3-10  -> ADAT1
playback_11-18 -> ADAT2
playback_1-2   -> spdif (I suppose)

* Re: sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2004-01-06 11:22   ` Eckhard Jokisch
From: Eckhard Jokisch @ 2004-01-06 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

Click now! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id\x1278&alloc_id371&op=click

* Re: sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2004-01-08 12:26             ` Eckhard Jokisch
From: Eckhard Jokisch @ 2004-01-08 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai, David Lloyd; +Cc: alsa-devel

* Re: sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2004-01-08 10:58           ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2004-01-08 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Lloyd; +Cc: e.jokisch, alsa-devel

At Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:26:26 -0600 (CST),
David Lloyd wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > > If you mean the output on the rear side of the computer (the green jack )
> > > that's what I did.

> > > The strange thing is that I can use the faders for "optical" for both sources.
> > > No matter if I use optical-in or coax-in both are regulated by the same fader.
> >
> > sorry, i misspelled.  "optical" should control both playback volumes,
> > instead of "coax".
> >
> > it means that sb live drive doesn't have independent inputs from optical
> > and coax.  both are always mixed up. maybe it's better to rename "IEC958
> > optical" to e.g. "IEC958 LiveDrive".
>
> Or IEC958 Digital

IEC958 already implies the digital.

Takashi

* Re: sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2004-01-07 19:26         ` David Lloyd
From: David Lloyd @ 2004-01-07 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: e.jokisch, alsa-devel

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> At Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:20:27 +0100,
> Eckhard Jokisch wrote:

> > > - "IEC958 Optical Playback Volume" up, "IEC958 Coaxial Playback
> > >   Volume" down
> > > 	-> digital-input (from live-drive) to analog out ?
> > If you mean the output on the rear side of the computer (the green jack )
> > that's what I did.
> > >
> > > - in the above, "optical" down and "coax" up.
> > >

> > > it will be logical if you don't hear sounds from digital-in via
> > > "optical playback" volume but via "coax playback"...
> > The strange thing is that I can use the faders for "optical" for both sources.
> > No matter if I use optical-in or coax-in both are regulated by the same fader.
>
> sorry, i misspelled.  "optical" should control both playback volumes,
> instead of "coax".
>
> it means that sb live drive doesn't have independent inputs from optical
> and coax.  both are always mixed up. maybe it's better to rename "IEC958
> optical" to e.g. "IEC958 LiveDrive".

Or IEC958 Digital

- D

* Re: sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2004-01-07 16:35       ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2004-01-07 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: e.jokisch; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:20:27 +0100,
Eckhard Jokisch wrote:

> > - "IEC958 Optical Playback Volume" up, "IEC958 Coaxial Playback
> >   Volume" down
> > 	-> digital-input (from live-drive) to analog out ?
> If you mean the output on the rear side of the computer (the green jack )
> that's what I did.
> >
> > - in the above, "optical" down and "coax" up.
> >

> > it will be logical if you don't hear sounds from digital-in via
> > "optical playback" volume but via "coax playback"...
> The strange thing is that I can use the faders for "optical" for both sources.
> No matter if I use optical-in or coax-in both are regulated by the same fader.

sorry, i misspelled.  "optical" should control both playback volumes,
instead of "coax".

it means that sb live drive doesn't have independent inputs from
optical and coax.  both are always mixed up.
maybe it's better to rename "IEC958 optical" to e.g. "IEC958 LiveDrive".

also i don't know then what "coax" actually is connected...

Takashi

* Re: sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2004-01-07 16:20     ` Eckhard Jokisch
From: Eckhard Jokisch @ 2004-01-07 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

* Re: sbLive! -Drive digital IOs exchanged?
@ 2004-01-07 15:39   ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2004-01-07 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: e.jokisch; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:29:48 +0100,
Eckhard Jokisch wrote:

> On 07 Jan 2004 14:22  p z oooo wrote :
> > Hi,
> >
> > And maybe both coaxial and optical inputs are on one EMU10k1 input
> > marked as "IEC958 Optical".
> > This is maybe same for Audigy. Can some one verify this ???
> >
> YES - this is true !!
> So the "IEC958 Coaxial" is lost in space somehow.
> Takashi: Any idea about that?

i'm puzzled, too.
could you check the following?

       [not found] <200401071322.i07DM0wx012574@www4.pobox.sk>