* [LARTC] the list is down  but I'm working on it
@ 2004-12-17 16:27 bert hubert
From: bert hubert @ 2004-12-17 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hi people

The list is down,  severly so. Mailman is pretty hosed  which is probably
related to repeated disk-full conditions.

I'll try to fix this tomorrow (Saturday).

In the meantime, I'm considering moving away from Mailman, if anybody knows
a better alternative,  I'd love to hear about it in private.

Thanks!

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source  database driven DNS Software

* Re: [LARTC] the list is down  but I'm working on it
@ 2004-12-17 22:36 ` Philippe Latu
From: Philippe Latu @ 2004-12-17 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hello,

Le Vendredi 17 Décembre 2004 17:27, bert hubert a écrit :
> Hi people
>
> The list is down,  severly so. Mailman is pretty hosed  which is probably
> related to repeated disk-full conditions.
>
> I'll try to fix this tomorrow (Saturday).
>
> In the meantime, I'm considering moving away from Mailman, if anybody knows
> a better alternative,  I'd love to hear about it in private.

Here in France, we are quite proud of Sympa : (http://www.sympa.org).

We've been using it for 3 years at my university and it's been working like
charm.

The main issue comes from its web interface which is not easy to customize
although it covers all the usual mailing lists setups.

HTH,
--
- Philippe Latu
< G N U / Linux >

* Re: [LARTC] the list is down  but I'm working on it
@ 2004-12-19 22:28 ` David Hough
From: David Hough @ 2004-12-19 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 16:27, bert hubert wrote:
> Hi people
>
> The list is down,  severly so. Mailman is pretty hosed  which is probably
> related to repeated disk-full conditions.

Filtering out all the damn viruses might help with the disk space
problem... Or does it just seem like there's a large number because the
list is catching up?
--
Dave
So many gadgets, so little time