* [lm-sensors] i2cdetect fails on a Asus P5ND2-Sli Deluxe
@ 2005-12-09 18:55 fred
                   ` (11 more replies)
From: fred @ 2005-12-09 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

Hi,

My kernel is 2.6.14, i2c-nforce2 & it87, which are known to work
with lm-sensors, are built-in kernel, on a Debian sarge.

it87 works fine (I'll come back later on this, I have a few questions),
but i2c-nforce2 fails :
marsu{pts/0}:~/[1]/> i2cdetect
Error: No i2c-bus specified!
Syntax: i2cdetect [-y] [-a] [-q|-r] I2CBUS [FIRST LAST]
        i2cdetect -l
        i2cdetect -V
  I2CBUS is an integer
  With -a, probe all addresses (NOT RECOMMENDED)
  With -q, uses only quick write commands for probing (NOT RECOMMENDED)
  With -r, uses only read byte commands for probing (NOT RECOMMENDED)
  If provided, FIRST and LAST limit the probing range.
  With -l, lists installed busses only
Error: No I2C busses found!
Be sure you have done 'modprobe i2c-dev'
and also modprobed your i2c bus drivers

My kernel is set as :

CONFIG_I2C=y
CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV=y
CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT=y
CONFIG_I2C_ISA=y
CONFIG_I2C_NFORCE2=y
CONFIG_FB_NVIDIA_I2C=y (for framebuffer, but now, it's not the problem)

What's wrong ??

Thanks in advance.

--
Fred.