* bcm43xx: Ad-Hoc (IBSS) works fine
@ 2007-02-19 18:46 Michael Buesch
From: Michael Buesch @ 2007-02-19 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bcm43xx-dev; +Cc: linux-wireless

I just want to mention that Ad-Hoc works fine
with the bcm43xx-d80211 driver in my tree.
I didn't have to do any code changes, but simply try it once. ;)

So, well. As the question has been asked several times
if adhoc is supported, here is the answer: Yes it is.

--
Greetings Michael.

* Re: bcm43xx: Ad-Hoc (IBSS) works fine
@ 2007-02-19 20:48 ` Gene Heskett
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Gene Heskett @ 2007-02-19 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bcm43xx-dev; +Cc: Michael Buesch, linux-wireless

On Monday 19 February 2007, Michael Buesch wrote:
>I just want to mention that Ad-Hoc works fine
>with the bcm43xx-d80211 driver in my tree.
>I didn't have to do any code changes, but simply try it once. ;)
>
>So, well. As the question has been asked several times
>if adhoc is supported, here is the answer: Yes it is.

Where might I find a decent, plain english, description of these
various 'modes', Micheal?  I have relatively little experience in 802-11
stuff and could use a tutorial explaining the lingo.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

* Re: bcm43xx: Ad-Hoc (IBSS) works fine
@ 2007-02-19 20:50   ` Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2007-02-19 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gene Heskett; +Cc: bcm43xx-dev, Michael Buesch, linux-wireless

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 15:48 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 19 February 2007, Michael Buesch wrote:
> >I just want to mention that Ad-Hoc works fine
> >with the bcm43xx-d80211 driver in my tree.
> >I didn't have to do any code changes, but simply try it once. ;)
> >
> >So, well. As the question has been asked several times
> >if adhoc is supported, here is the answer: Yes it is.
>
> Where might I find a decent, plain english, description of these
> various 'modes', Micheal?  I have relatively little experience in 802-11
> stuff and could use a tutorial explaining the lingo.

If anyone writes something please add it to linuxwireless.org too :)

johannes

* Re: bcm43xx: Ad-Hoc (IBSS) works fine
@ 2007-02-19 21:08   ` Larry Finger
From: Larry Finger @ 2007-02-19 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gene Heskett; +Cc: bcm43xx-dev, linux-wireless, Michael Buesch

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 19 February 2007, Michael Buesch wrote:
>> I just want to mention that Ad-Hoc works fine
>> with the bcm43xx-d80211 driver in my tree.
>> I didn't have to do any code changes, but simply try it once. ;)
>>
>> So, well. As the question has been asked several times
>> if adhoc is supported, here is the answer: Yes it is.
>
> Where might I find a decent, plain english, description of these
> various 'modes', Micheal?  I have relatively little experience in 802-11
> stuff and could use a tutorial explaining the lingo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_ad-hoc_network

Larry

* Re: bcm43xx: Ad-Hoc (IBSS) works fine
@ 2007-02-19 21:17   ` Michael Buesch
From: Michael Buesch @ 2007-02-19 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gene Heskett; +Cc: bcm43xx-dev, linux-wireless

On Monday 19 February 2007 21:48, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 19 February 2007, Michael Buesch wrote:
> >I just want to mention that Ad-Hoc works fine
> >with the bcm43xx-d80211 driver in my tree.
> >I didn't have to do any code changes, but simply try it once. ;)
> >
> >So, well. As the question has been asked several times
> >if adhoc is supported, here is the answer: Yes it is.
>
> Where might I find a decent, plain english, description of these
> various 'modes', Micheal?  I have relatively little experience in 802-11
> stuff and could use a tutorial explaining the lingo.

Here you go:
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users

--
Greetings Michael.