* bridge problem
@ 2010-04-10  2:59 潘炳宇
From: 潘炳宇 @ 2010-04-10  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

             i get a bridge problem when patch my kernel 2.4.32

[-- Attachment #2: 新建 文本文档.txt --]

dddddddddddddd

* bridge problem
@ 2007-09-13  7:03 潘炳宇
From: 潘炳宇 @ 2007-09-13  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

@ 2007-02-15 16:36 saravanan chanemouganandam
From: saravanan chanemouganandam @ 2007-02-15 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bridge; +Cc: netfilter

Hi,

I am a newbie to use the bridge utils and after some serious tests I am
posting this issue. Actually, I am fascing packet forwarding problem in the
following network setup under linux 2.6.16. The 2.6.16 kernel is also
configured to include 802.1d Ethernet bridging, Network packet filtering, IP
netfilter configuration and Bridge netfilter configuration.

The target ARM board is made to act as a bridge between the Host and the
Router as shown below.

10.1.111.3 Host(eth0)<---->{ eth0 bridge(10.1.111.1) eth1 }<--->Router(
10.1.111.254)

On the target board

ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 eth1
ifconfig br0 10.1.111.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

are configured. The problem is that, I can't ping the Router from the Host.
But from the bridge, I can ping Router and Host. The "arp reply" from the
Router is not reaching the Host as there's a problem in the bridge
(bridge-utils 1.2) interface.

I have cross checked the kernel configuration to include all the packet
forwarding and bridging. But still panic.

Can any one please precise what could cause this packet forward problem ?

Thanks
Sara

Gossips, movie reviews, photogallery and more
http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/Default