* [ath9k-devel] ath9k: Virtual interface as AP correction
@ 2010-11-01 10:34 "Lorna González"
From: "Lorna González" @ 2010-11-01 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hallo Jouni,

After doing what you mentioned, indeed I am able to get associated to the Virtual AP but, despite the fact that I'm using the same IP forward and masquerade configuration that works fine with wiphys, I am not able to get a
valid IP-Address. Did that work fine on your test?

Thanks again for your response

Regards,

Lorna Glez.

* [ath9k-devel] ath9k: Virtual interface as AP correction
@ 2010-11-01 22:17 ` Peter Stuge
From: Peter Stuge @ 2010-11-01 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

"Lorna Gonz?lez" wrote:
> able to get associated
..
> not able to get a valid IP-Address

Did you try to configure an IP address manually?

Maybe you can use some of the regular networking tools to analyze the
network interface and investigate which level of connectivity you
actually have.

Should you discover that all is well except DHCP service, then maybe
it's a useful hint for the driver developers that VLAN interfaces
require special treatment of incoming packets to make DHCP requests
match what dhcpd assumes. VLAN interfaces are also virtual, so
perhaps the same treatment is needed.

--8<-- vconfig --help
* FLAGS:  1 REORDER_HDR  When this is set, the VLAN device will move the
            ethernet header around to make it look exactly like a real
            ethernet device.  This may help programs such as DHCPd which
            read the raw ethernet packet and make assumptions about the
            location of bytes.  If you don't need it, don't turn it on, because
            there will be@least a small performance degradation. Default
            is OFF.
-->8--

//Peter