From: Daniel Vetter <daniel@ffwll.ch>
To: Intel Graphics Development <intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org>,
	Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com>
Cc: DRI Development <dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject: Re: Updated -next
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:44:17 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 01:45:42PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> A new drm-intel-next pull. Highlights:
> - More gmbus patches from Daniel Kurtz, I think gmbus is now ready, all
>   known issues fixed.
> - Fencing cleanup and pipelined fencing removal from Chris.
> - rc6 residency interface from Ben, useful for powertop.
> - Cleanups and code reorg around the ringbuffer code (Ben&me).
> - Use hw semaphores in the pageflip code from Ben.
> - More vlv stuff from Jesse, unfortunately his vlv cpu is doa, so less
>   merged than I've hoped for - we still have the unused function warning :(
> - More hsw patches from Eugeni, again, not yet enabled fully.
> - intel_pm.c refactoring from Eugeni.
> - Ironlake sprite support from Chris.
> - And various smaller improvements/fixes all over the place.
>
> Note that this pull request also contains a backmerge of -rc3 to sort out
> a few things in -next. I've also had to frob the shortlog a bit to exclude
> anything that -rc3 brings in with this pull.
>
> Regression wise we have a few strange bugs going on, but for all of them
> closer inspection revealed that they've been pre-existing, just now
> slightly more likely to be hit. And for most of them we have a patch
> already. Otherwise QA has not reported any regressions, and I'm also not
> aware of anything bad happening in 3.4.
>
> For 3.4 Ken discovered that one of the snb workarounds in -next is
> required to fix hangs in google maps and tons of other apps, so expect
> another -fixes pull.
>
> Cheers, Daniel
>

> The following changes since commit effbc4fd8e37e41d6f2bb6bcc611c14b4fbdcf9b:
>
>   Merge branch 'drm-intel-next' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel into drm-core-next (2012-04-12 10:27:01 +0100)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>

>   git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel tags/drm-intel-next-2012-04-23

I've forgot to mention that this branch has a very funky conflict with
Linus' tree. Essentially it's just a few patches touching the same file
(not even the same functions), but the git diff algo gets completely
confused and thinks that the drm-intel-next branch completely rewrote
large parts of intel_display.c. In truth we've just moved a few functions
out of intel_display.c into intel_pm.c. But because the part in
intel_display.c where git is all confused about is also changed in the 3.4
tree, and we have a merge conflict where none should be.

drm-intel-testing has the merge resolution, in case anyone needs it.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch