* Please Help
@ 2014-08-26 10:59 Annie Smith
From: Annie Smith @ 2014-08-26 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am Annie Smith I have only about a few months to live and I want you
to Distribute my funds of Eighty Million dollars $80,000,000(united
states dollars) to charities

* Please Help
@ 2019-11-12  9:02 Richard
From: Richard @ 2019-11-12  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hello,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am writing this
letter to ask for assistance towards my tuition fees.
Unfortunately I have lost my job thorough redundancy, the income
from my job was needed to sustain my studies and pay my tuition
fees. I did not take out a student loan as I did not want to get
myself into debt, as it is too late to apply I was hoping you
would be able to provide some sort of assistance towards my
studies. I have contacted all my immediate family members and
friends and all the relevant government bodies for grant but have
been unsuccessful so far.

I am determined to finish my studies and would be grateful for
any assistance you can provide.You can reach me via
richard@free2312.com

Please Help

Thank You,

Richard

* Please Help
@ 2019-11-12  8:32 Richard
From: Richard @ 2019-11-12  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

@ 2019-11-12  8:15 Richard

From: Richard @ 2019-11-12  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-usb

@ 2019-11-12  7:08 Richard
From: Richard @ 2019-11-12  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi

@ 2014-08-27 17:51 Annie Smith
From: Annie Smith @ 2014-08-27 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-01-15 23:25 Tai Bei
From: Tai Bei @ 2012-01-15 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive because
you do not know me but I have a lucrative business proposal of mutual
interest to share with you. I got your reference in my search for someone
who suits my proposed business relationship. I am Mr. Tai Bei bank officer
with the International bank of Taipei. I will need you to assist me in
executing a business project from Taiwan to your country. It involves the
transfer of money. Everything concerning this transaction shall be legally
done without hitch.

Once the funds have been successfully transferred into your account, we
shall share in the ratio to be agreed by both of us. Contact me for more
information about this operation immediately I receive a positive response
from you.

Kind Regards,
Mr. Tai Bei

* Please Help.
@ 2012-01-15 23:25 Tai Bei

From: Tai Bei @ 2012-01-15 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-01-15 21:56 Tai Bei
From: Tai Bei @ 2012-01-15 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-01-15 21:48 Tai Bei
From: Tai Bei @ 2012-01-15 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-01-15 21:40 Tai Bei

From: Tai Bei @ 2012-01-15 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2010-05-07 11:36 Pol
From: Pol @ 2010-05-07 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xfs

Good morning.
I'm writing from Barcelona and English is not my born language, so I'd
like to apologize in advance for any possible mistakes in my text.

I'm a Windows user who has recently moved to Linux (Ubuntu 10.04), and I
have a serious problem regarding my Hard Drives' File System.
I have a desktop version of Ubuntu and I'm a complete regular user.

I have two physical drives in my system:
1. 36GB: EXT4 partition for /, another EXT4 for /home and a SWAP one.
2. 1TB (for data) drive.

I generate so much video and music data per month (AVI, MKV, MP3, WAV)
because of my job, and need to copy it to external hard drives to ensure
I don't lose any of it.

My question is about the FS to use in these data drives.
I currently have all of them in XFS fyle system. Every file I generate
is saved in my internal XFS drive, and whenever the hd is almost full I
copy the important files to External Hard Drives which are also
formatted as XFS.

My problem comes after reading a couple of posts from 2006 in some
forums on the web. They said that XFS is very unsecure when a power
failure happens and recommended EXT3 (EXT4 these days I guess). They
said that after a power failure it's very common to see data loss
(something that never happened to me in all my years using NTFS).

As far as I know XFS is much more secure than NTFS so I don't really
understand this issue. I assume these people were talking about systems
which need to be continously writing to the disk, but my knowledge about
this is very limited.

Did I chose the correct FS for my drives?

Thank you very much for your time.

* Please Help
@ 2009-02-11 14:59 constantine
From: constantine @ 2009-02-11 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

I'm having trouble with youtube in Ubuntu 8.10

I've tried this guide:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshooting
to no success and submitted a bug report as suggested.

I then entered #alsa and here's the result of that chat: (I am Constantine)

<constantine_> hi, I'm having problems with youtube sound and already
troubleshot it
<constantine_> I am trying to manually start the driver at this point
but can't get sudo modprobe snd
<constantine_>  to work with the file name I put after it
<constantine_> all other audio worked fine before the switch to alsa and
still does, except youtube

<gnubien> constantine_ run this command: cat /proc/asound/cards  #and
then paste output to this channel; its OK to paste up to 10 lines here
<constantine_>  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
<constantine_>                       HDA Intel at 0xfea38000 irq 16
<gnubien> constantine_ close all sound apps and firefox and then ONLY
report you have: sound, no sound or errors after you run this command:
speaker-test -c2 -D hw:0,0 -t wav -l1
<constantine_> sound

<gnubien> constantine_: ok, only problem is no sound when playing flash
in firefox?
<constantine_> only 'certain' flash, ie youtube
<gnubien> constantine_: ok, alsa is setup and working ok so flash is the
problem so time to do some searching...

Thanks,
Constantine

* please help
@ 2007-10-10  5:56 cyjoyp
From: cyjoyp @ 2007-10-10  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xfs

Hi there,
          I am searching on what all value does di_mode of xfs_dinode_core_t
(Core Inode) hold...
If you could please help me.
          As i understand ,di_mode helps us to determine the type of file
stored in the Inode.I just wanted to know what are the mode types of
file,directory,links,etc...

Instant reply is appreciated :-)

* Re: Please help...
       [not found] ` <16609.34789.711050.944527@saint.heaven.net>
@ 2004-06-29 16:57   ` Sam Loy
From: Sam Loy @ 2004-06-29 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Thanks everyone who has tried to help so far. I am confident I will get
it working with all of your help.

Here is some more information:
Per Marek Dohoja's reply, I added a rule to my output chain:
iptables -A FORWARD -s 192.168.1.0 - j ACCEPT.

I also tried adding 192.168.1.1 as above, with still nothing.

As suggested by Antony, I have performed the following test:

I examined the bytecounts of iptables and discovered:

Chain PREROUTING policy has accepted 11331 packets , 1345868 bytes
Chain POSTROUTING  policy has accepted 12 packets, 665 bytes, but list
detail in 2 of the rules
	pkts = 348, bytes=25416, target=MASQUERADE  out = pp0
	pkts = 3	 bytes=144, target=MASQUERADE out=eth0: (which is 192.168.1.1)
There are a total of  8 rules under POSTROUTING, only 2 have any stats.
Is there anyway to clear all rules and start over?
Chain OUTPUT policy has accepted 178 packets, 7838 bytes.

ping and traceroute test:

 From the firewall machine:

Can ping and traceroute www.abcnews.com. traceroute does NOT show the
route going through 192.168.1.1, but straight to the ip address
currently assigned ppp0. Which brings me to another subject: I am sure
I told adsl-setup to leave the connection up continuously, yet it drops
and re-acquires a new ip every minute. This will make any attempt to
access my LAN from outside futile. Any suggestions on how simply
acquire an ip from my isp and hold it forever would be greatly
appreciated.

 From a client machine, I can ping 192.168.1.1, I can also ping the ip
assigned by my ISP (if I type fast! see above :-) When I do a
traceroute from my client to the ISP ip, it DOES go through
192.168.1.1.

HOWEVER - I CANNOT ping www.abcnews.com OR the ip it resolves
to(199.181.132.250) from a client machine.

After I conduct ping/traceroute test, the byte counts from the -nvx
command increase on the ppp0 MASQUERADE rule ONLY, not on the eth0
rule...and ONLY when executed on the firewall machine. The byte counts
do not change at all when test executed from the client machine.

Routing Table:
When ppp0 is up: (Again, ppp0 is reconnecting every 60 seconds...make
it stop! :-()

Dest				GW			Mask				Iface
(ISP assigned IP)   0.0.0.0		255.255.255.255		ppp0
192.168.1.0	      0.0.0.0			255.255.255.0			eth0
169.254.0.0            0.0.0.0                   255.255.0.0			eth0
127.0.0.0		      0.0.0.0			255.0.0.0				lo
0.0.0.0		      (ISP assign IP)     0.0.0.0				ppp0

I hope this is enough information.

By the way, Dick St. Peters, I tried your suggestion and it had no
effect.

Thank you all again.

Sincerely,

Sam Loy

* Re: Please help...
@ 2004-06-28 22:18 ` Marek Dohojda
       [not found] ` <16609.34789.711050.944527@saint.heaven.net>
From: Marek Dohojda @ 2004-06-28 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Loy; +Cc: netfilter

well 0/0 is exactly right. that just means the whole internet.

What are your other chains setup as?

Sam Loy wrote:
> If I sound a little frustrated, keep in mind I'm now on week 2 of my
> attempt to setup linux as a firewall router on my home network. I have
> installed 3 different versions of linux, read hundreds of pages, tried
> at least 5 different configurations 20 times each....but still I cannot
> seem to share my dsl connection with my other machines.
>
> I have 2 NICs in a Linux 9 installation. One card connects to my lan
> with a static ip of 192.168.1.1. The other connects to my DSL provider
> which dynamically allocates the ip.
>
> I did this:
>
> modprobe iptable_nat
>
> # In the NAT table (-t nat), Append a rule (-A) after routing
> # (POSTROUTING) for all packets going out ppp0 (-o ppp0) which says to
> # MASQUERADE the connection (-j MASQUERADE).
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
>
> # Turn on IP forwarding
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>

> It does not work.  When I do a iptables -t nat  -n -L
> It displays:
>
> MASQUERADE all -- 0.0.0.0/0         0.0.0.0/0
>
> once for each time I've executed the above command. (now 7 times). I'm
> sorry, but this doesn't seem right. 0 to 0? don't think so. So I try
> different -o values - but always get the same.
>
> Don't get it - Do I need to manually add a route? Completely befuttled
> and ready to throw in the towell.
>
> Sam

* Re: Please help...
@ 2004-06-28 22:13 ` Antony Stone
       [not found] ` <16609.34789.711050.944527@saint.heaven.net>
From: Antony Stone @ 2004-06-28 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

On Monday 28 June 2004 10:56 pm, Sam Loy wrote:

> I have 2 NICs in a Linux 9 installation.

Linux 9!?   Wow - I've only just upgraded to version 2.6 :)

> One card connects to my lan with a static ip of 192.168.1.1. The other
> connects to my DSL provider which dynamically allocates the ip.

Sounds pretty standard so far....

> I did this:
>
> modprobe iptable_nat
>
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>

> It does not work.

How are you testing it?

>  When I do a iptables -t nat  -n -L It displays:
>
> MASQUERADE all -- 0.0.0.0/0 		0.0.0.0/0

A more useful command in this case would be "iptables -L -t nat -nvx", because
the -v option shows you the interfaces applying to the rules as well.

> Don't get it - Do I need to manually add a route?

Probably not, but what does your routing table show anyway?

Here are some things to test - in order:

1. Can you access anything out on the Internet from the firewall machine
itself?   (Ping, traceroute would be good tests - by IP address if you don't
have DNS resolving hostnames yet)

2. Do you have any rules in the FORWARD chain (and what is the FORWARD default
policy)?

3. If you try a traceroute from a machine inside your LAN to an address on the
Internet, what is the result?

4. After whatever tests you are trying, what does "iptables -L -nvx; iptables
-L -t nat -nvx" show for the packet/byte counters on the rules (and default
policies)?

You can't be too far away from a working solution - it's a pretty standard
setup.

Regards,

Antony.

those who understand binary notation,
and those who don't.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.

* Please help...
@ 2004-06-28 21:56 Sam Loy
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sam Loy @ 2004-06-28 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

@ 2004-05-03 13:21 ` Jeff Moyer
From: Jeff Moyer @ 2004-05-03 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

==> Regarding [autofs] Please help; raven@themaw.net adds:

raven> Hi all,

raven> The recent post regarding replicated server mounts has caused me a
raven> bit of work.

raven> Basically, I broke the functionality a bit when I merged the patch I
raven> received from Michael Blandford.

raven> I believe the included patch fixes this.

raven> Additionally, while fixing it I stumbled on the "BUG: dir already
raven> mounted" message that has been annoying us for so long.

raven> I think I've fixed that as well. It's only about my third attempt at
raven> it so I'm not expecting it's final. Maybe third time lucky.

raven> Anyway, since the change is a bit more than straight forward I'd
raven> like as many people as can to test it out before I commit and
raven> release it in 4.1.3. I've probably broken something else.

I've posted RPMS with this patch applied on my people page:
     http://people.redhat.com/~jmoyer/

Version 4.1.2-4 is what you want.  I'll make the page a bit more
user-friendly when I get some free time.  Packages for RHEL 3, Fedora Core
1, and Fedora core 2 are available.  I also have the source rpms posted.

Happy testing,

Jeff

* Please help
@ 2004-05-02 14:13 raven
From: raven @ 2004-05-02 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

The recent post regarding replicated server mounts has caused me a bit of
work.

Basically, I broke the functionality a bit when I merged the patch I
received from Michael Blandford.

I believe the included patch fixes this.

Additionally, while fixing it I stumbled on the "BUG: dir already mounted"
message that has been annoying us for so long.

I think I've fixed that as well. It's only about my third attempt at it
so I'm not expecting it's final. Maybe third time lucky.

Anyway, since the change is a bit more than straight forward I'd like
as many people as can to test it out before I commit and release it in
4.1.3. I've probably broken something else.

The patch:

diff -Nur autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_bind.c autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_bind.c
--- autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_bind.c	2004-01-30 00:01:22.000000000 +0800
+++ autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_bind.c	2004-05-02 20:47:53.000000000 +0800
@@ -125,8 +125,8 @@
 		unlink(AUTOFS_LOCK);

 		if (err) {
-			if (!ap.ghost || (ap.ghost && !status))
-				rmdir_path(fullpath);
+			if (!ap.ghost && !(*name == '/' && strlen(name)))
+				rmdir_path(name);
 			return 1;
 		} else {
 			debug(MODPREFIX "mounted %s type %s on %s",
diff -Nur autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_changer.c autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_changer.c
--- autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_changer.c	2004-03-07 20:17:54.000000000 +0800
+++ autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_changer.c	2004-05-02 20:50:53.000000000 +0800
@@ -106,8 +106,8 @@
 	}
 	unlink(AUTOFS_LOCK);
 	if (err) {
-		if (!ap.ghost || (ap.ghost && !status))
-			rmdir_path(fullpath);
+		if (!ap.ghost && !(*name == '/' && strlen(name) == 1))
+			rmdir_path(name);

 		error(MODPREFIX "failed to mount %s (type %s) on %s",
 		      what, fstype, fullpath);
diff -Nur autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_ext2.c autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_ext2.c
--- autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_ext2.c	2004-04-22 22:39:08.000000000 +0800
+++ autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_ext2.c	2004-05-02 20:53:00.000000000 +0800
@@ -116,8 +116,8 @@
 	unlink(AUTOFS_LOCK);

 	if (err) {
-		if (!ap.ghost || (ap.ghost && !status))
-			rmdir_path(fullpath);
+		if (!ap.ghost && !(*name == '/' && strlen(name) == 1))
+			rmdir_path(name);
 		error(MODPREFIX "failed to mount %s (type %s) on %s",
 		      what, fstype, fullpath);
 		return 1;
diff -Nur autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_generic.c autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_generic.c
--- autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_generic.c	2004-01-30 00:01:22.000000000 +0800
+++ autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_generic.c	2004-05-02 20:54:10.000000000 +0800
@@ -85,8 +85,8 @@
 	unlink(AUTOFS_LOCK);

 	if (err) {
-		if (!ap.ghost || (ap.ghost && !status))
-			rmdir_path(fullpath);
+		if (!ap.ghost && !(*name == '/' && strlen(name) == 1))
+			rmdir_path(name);

 		error(MODPREFIX "failed to mount %s (type %s) on %s",
 		      what, fstype, fullpath);
diff -Nur autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_nfs.c autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_nfs.c
--- autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/mount_nfs.c	2004-04-03 15:14:33.000000000 +0800
+++ autofs-4.1.3/modules/mount_nfs.c	2004-05-02 21:11:53.000000000 +0800
@@ -131,7 +131,6 @@

 	while (p && *p) {
 		char *next;
-		int alive = -1;

 		p += strspn(p, " \t,");
 		delim = strpbrk(p, "(, \t:");
@@ -187,29 +186,32 @@
 			for (haddr = he->h_addr_list; *haddr; haddr++) {
 				local = is_local_addr(p, *haddr, he->h_length);

-				if (local < 0) {
-					local = 0;
-					p = next;
-				}
+				if (local < 0)
+					continue;

 				if (local) {
-					alive = rpc_ping(p, sec, micros);
-					if (alive) {
-						winner = p;
-						break;
-					}
-					local = 0;
+					winner = p;
+					break;
 				}
 			}
+
+			if (local < 0) {
+				local = 0;
+				p = next;
+				continue;
+			}
+
+			if (local)
+				break;
 		}

-		/* Are we actually alive */
-		if (!alive || (alive < 0 && !rpc_ping(p, sec, micros))) {
+		/* If it's not local is it alive */
+		if (!local && !rpc_ping(p, sec, micros)) {
 			p = next;
 			continue;
 		}

-		/* Not local, see if we have a previous 'winner' */
+		/* see if we have a previous 'winner' */
 		if (!winner) {
 			winner = p;
 		}
@@ -434,8 +436,8 @@
 		unlink(AUTOFS_LOCK);

 		if (err) {
-			if (!ap.ghost || (ap.ghost && !status))
-				rmdir_path(fullpath);
+			if (!ap.ghost && !(*name == '/' && strlen(name) == 1))
+				rmdir_path(name);
 			error(MODPREFIX "nfs: mount failure %s on %s",
 			      whatstr, fullpath);
 			return 1;
diff -Nur autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/parse_sun.c autofs-4.1.3/modules/parse_sun.c
--- autofs-4.1.3.orig/modules/parse_sun.c	2004-02-03 23:23:21.000000000 +0800
+++ autofs-4.1.3/modules/parse_sun.c	2004-05-02 20:31:32.000000000 +0800
@@ -615,15 +615,15 @@

 /*
  * syntax is:
- *	[-options] location
- *	[-options] [mountpoint [-options] location]...
+ *	[-options] location [location] ...
+ *	[-options] [mountpoint [-options] location [location] ... ]...
  */
 int parse_mount(const char *root, const char *name,
 		int name_len, const char *mapent, void *context)
 {
 	struct parse_context *ctxt = (struct parse_context *) context;
 	char *pmapent, *options;
-	const char *p;
+	const char *p, *q;
 	int mapent_len, rv;
 	int optlen;

@@ -667,6 +667,18 @@

 	if (*p == '/') {
 		int l;
+		char *multi_root;
+
+		multi_root = alloca(strlen(root) + name_len + 2);
+		if (!multi_root) {
+			error(MODPREFIX "alloca: %m");
+			free(options);
+			return 1;
+		}
+
+		strcpy(multi_root, root);
+		strcat(multi_root, "/");
+		strcat(multi_root, name);

 		/* It's a multi-mount; deal with it */
 		do {
@@ -705,7 +717,15 @@
 				} while (*p == '-');
 			}

-			loc = dequote(p, l = chunklen(p, 1));
+			q = p;
+			while (*q && *q != '/') {
+				l = chunklen(q, 1);
+				q += l;
+				q = skipspace(q);
+			}
+			l = q - p;
+
+			loc = dequote(p, l);
 			loclen = strlen(loc);

 			if (loc == NULL || path == NULL) {
@@ -723,7 +743,7 @@
 			      "multimount: %.*s on %.*s with options %s",
 			      loclen, loc, pathlen, path, myoptions);

-			rv = sun_mount(root, name, name_len, path, pathlen, loc, loclen,
+			rv = sun_mount(multi_root, path, pathlen, "/", 1, loc, loclen,
 				       myoptions);
 			free(path);
 			free(loc);
@@ -739,12 +759,20 @@
 	} else {
 		/* Normal (non-multi) entries */
 		char *loc;
-		int loclen;
+		int loclen, l;

 		if (*p == ':')
 			p++;	/* Sun escape for entries starting with / */

-		loc = dequote(p, chunklen(p, 1));
+		q = p;
+		while (*q) {
+			l = chunklen(q, 1);
+			q += l;
+			q = skipspace(q);
+		}
+		l = q - p;
+
+		loc = dequote(p, l);
 		loclen = strlen(loc);

 		if (loc == NULL) {

* Re: Please help
@ 2001-03-19 23:29   ` Dr. Kelsey Hudson
From: Dr. Kelsey Hudson @ 2001-03-19 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guru; +Cc: Greeen-III, LinuxEmbeddedMailList, LinuxKernelMailList, MipsMailList

In this case you have to contact the hardware vendor for specifications,
but at least in my experience, not many vendors are willing to part with
this information

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, guru wrote:
> I have a fundamental question:
>
> If I have to port LINUX on to new processor. How will I get address
> mapping of different devices. Some of them are available in the manual.
> Ex: NVram starting address is not available.
> Iam porting on mips3k.
>
> It may sound very dumb, but Iam stuck there.
>
> Thanks
>
> -

 Kelsey Hudson                                           khudson@ctica.com
 Software Engineer
 Compendium Technologies, Inc                               (619) 725-0771

* Re: Please help
       [not found] <001c01c0b04b$7b39df80$4c0c5c8c@trd.iii.org.tw>
@ 2001-03-19 18:56 ` Jonathan Lundell
From: Jonathan Lundell @ 2001-03-19 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LinuxKernelMailList

>I have a fundamental question:
>
>If I have to port LINUX on to new processor. How will I get address
>mapping of different devices. Some of them are available in the manual.
>Ex: NVram starting address is not available.
>Iam porting on mips3k.

Related question: does there exist any kind of definition of the abstract interface between the architecture-independent and architecture-dependent parts of the kernel? Or am I being naive?

--
/Jonathan Lundell.

* Re: Please help
@ 2001-03-19 18:38   ` nick
From: nick @ 2001-03-19 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guru; +Cc: Greeen-III, LinuxEmbeddedMailList, LinuxKernelMailList, MipsMailList

I would recommend looking at the list at linux-mips@oss.sgi.com.  I am
fairly sure there is an R3k port already being worked on.  I assume the
mips3k processor you refer to is the R3k (which is very similar to the
R2k)?
	Nick

@ 2001-03-19 18:21 ` guru