* Moving an entire subvol?
@ 2014-11-30  3:31 Shriramana Sharma
From: Shriramana Sharma @ 2014-11-30  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

So the Ubuntu Wiki BtrFS entry advises against using subvol
set-default because it boots its kernel using root=subvol=@ and home
as subvol=@home, and these two subvols are only present under the
subvol with ID 5. But isn't it just possible to move i.e. reparent a
subvol so I can move these two under another subvol and have that as
default?

Possibly this is a hypothetical question as I'm not sure whether it
would be actually practically required but looking at the specific
Ubuntu advice on this I thought I should ask.

I'm also not sure what openSUSE (or other distros) do about this... Do
they mount root using subvolid, or subvol name or such?

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा