* round 12
@ 2016-01-18  8:55 Julia Lawall
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Julia Lawall @ 2016-01-18  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel

The application period for round 12 will be February 9 - March 22.  If you
haven't been an intern before, please consider applying.  If you have been
an intern before, please consider whether you know someone else who might
like to apply :)

The eligibility seems to be the same as in round 11:

Currently, internships are open internationally to women (cis and trans),
trans men, and genderqueer people. Additionally, they are open to
residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are
Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, American Indian, Alaska Native,
Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander.

Julia

* Re: round 12
@ 2016-01-19 17:27 ` Janani Ravichandran
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Janani Ravichandran @ 2016-01-19 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel

On Monday, 18 January 2016 03:55:54 UTC-5, Julia Lawall wrote:

> The application period for round 12 will be February 9 - March 22.  If you
> haven't been an intern before, please consider applying.  If you have been
> an intern before, please consider whether you know someone else who might
> like to apply :)
>
> The eligibility seems to be the same as in round 11:
>
> Currently, internships are open internationally to women (cis and trans),
> trans men, and genderqueer people. Additionally, they are open to
> residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are
> Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, American Indian, Alaska Native,
> Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander.

> Julia

Hello, Julia!

On this <http://kernelnewbies.org/OutreachyIntro> page, under Round 12
projects, I see only Coccinelle. Will more projects be updated in the
future or is Coccinelle the only one?

Thanks!
Janani

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] Re: round 12
@ 2016-01-20 11:11   ` Daniel Baluta
From: Daniel Baluta @ 2016-01-20 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Janani Ravichandran; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

> Hello, Julia!
>
> On this page, under Round 12 projects, I see only Coccinelle. Will more
> projects be updated in the future or is Coccinelle the only one?

Hi Janani,

 Usually there will be around 4-5 projects.

thanks,
Daniel.

* Re: round 12
@ 2016-01-23  6:53 ` sayli karnik
       [not found] ` <54734a8f-1a51-4ef2-af5a-05219aaf800e@googlegroups.com>
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: sayli karnik @ 2016-01-23  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel

I am Sayli Karnik, an Outreachy aspirant for the upcoming Round 12 in May.I
would like to contribute to Linux Kernel as it would be a great learning
experience for me.I have started going through the tutorial at
kernelnewbies.org.

What should I start working on in order to contribute to Coccinelle?
Please assist me to go further in this initiative.
Many Thanks!

@ 2016-01-28  6:16   ` Sudip Mukherjee
From: Sudip Mukherjee @ 2016-01-28  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhumika Goyal; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 02:55:55AM -0800, Bhumika Goyal wrote:
> Hey Julia, my name is Bhumika and I am very excited to be a part of
> Outreachy for the coming round.I started submitting patches a few days ago
> but I haven't received any acceptance yet. I have sent them to the
> maintainers and the mailing lists as well. Should I send them again or
> should I wait for a few days?

Looks like your bluetooth patch has been applied. And about your staging
patches, please wait for 1 - 2 weeks more.

And just few things before the round starts.
1) do not top post.
2) do not send mime-formatted mails.

regards
sudip

* Re: round 12
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found] ` <54734a8f-1a51-4ef2-af5a-05219aaf800e@googlegroups.com>
@ 2016-01-31 16:35 ` surabhi bhargava
From: surabhi bhargava @ 2016-01-31 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel

Hello,

My name is Surabhi and I wish to participate in the upcoming round of
Outreachy.
I am facing some difficulty in making a change in the driver. I have been
trying to add the command
printk(KERN_DEBUG "I can modify the Linux kernel!\n");
in the e1000_main.c as mentioned on the link
<http://kernelnewbies.org/Outreachyfirstpatch>, but after make -j4,
installing and rebooting and dmesg | less, I am not able to find the change
that I have made. It says pattern not be found.
Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks,
Surabhi

@ 2016-01-31 16:44   ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2016-01-31 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: surabhi bhargava; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016, surabhi bhargava wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is Surabhi and I wish to participate in the upcoming round of
> Outreachy.
> I am facing some difficulty in making a change in the driver. I have been
> trying to add the command
> printk(KERN_DEBUG "I can modify the Linux kernel!\n");
> in the e1000_main.c as mentioned on the link, but after make -j4, installing
> and rebooting and dmesg | less, I am not able to find the change that I have
> made. It says pattern not be found.
> Could someone please help me with this?

Maybe your machine is not using this driver?  You can use the command
lsmod to see what modules you have installed.  You can also use the
command lspci to find the hardware that is available on your machine.

julia

* Re: round 12
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-02-04 12:39 ` surabhi bhargava