* Re: meta-toolchain and meta-toolchain-qt for specific image
       [not found] <58072ca7.c70f420a.fed0f.74b1SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
@ 2016-10-20  3:00 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-10-20  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thilo.cestonaro; +Cc: openembedded-core

> On Oct 19, 2016, at 1:19 AM, thilo.cestonaro@ts.fujitsu.com wrote:
>
> Hey!
>
> I want to create such a nice toolchain installation package for my image recipe.
> The problem I currently hit is, that I need to do populate_sdk and populate_sdk_qt5 to have qt5 toolchain too.
>
> Now I had an idea to create a recipe for the SDK like:
>
> ----------
> SUMMARY = "Meta package for building an installable toolchain"
> LICENSE = "MIT"
>
> PR = "r0"
>
> inherit populate_sdk populate_sdk_qt5
> —————

what is the advantage of such a recipe?

> But how can I tell the recipe to additionally install all the "*-dev" packages which my original image recipe installs.
> When I require the image recipe, the toolchain recipe does a do_rootfs task (which is not needed, as it is done by building the image).
>
> I read something about TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK and adding all the "*-dev" packages I want to this. But that doesn't work.
>
> Any hints?
>
> cheers,
> Thilo--

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: meta-toolchain and meta-toolchain-qt for specific image
@ 2016-10-20  6:24   ` thilo.cestonaro
From: thilo.cestonaro @ 2016-10-20  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raj.khem; +Cc: openembedded-core

> what is the advantage of such a recipe?

The only "advantage" what made me using such a recipe was, that I want to have the normal toolchain AND the qt5 toolchain in one installation package together.
When you know another way to get both together, I would be thankful if you tell me how to do this.

Cheers,
Thilo

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 3847 bytes --]

* Re: meta-toolchain and meta-toolchain-qt for specific image
@ 2016-10-20 13:24   ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-10-20 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 08:00:12PM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

> > On Oct 19, 2016, at 1:19 AM, thilo.cestonaro@ts.fujitsu.com wrote:
> >
> > Hey!
> >
> > I want to create such a nice toolchain installation package for my image recipe.
> > The problem I currently hit is, that I need to do populate_sdk and populate_sdk_qt5 to have qt5 toolchain too.
> >
> > Now I had an idea to create a recipe for the SDK like:
> >
> > ----------
> > SUMMARY = "Meta package for building an installable toolchain"
> > LICENSE = "MIT"
> >
> > PR = "r0"
> >
> > inherit populate_sdk populate_sdk_qt5
> > —————
>

> what is the advantage of such a recipe?

I guess the question is more generic...

The advantages of a separate meta-toolchain* recipe:
* a lot of flexibility
* not tied to a specific image
* can carry a lot of SDK customizations

@ 2016-10-24  4:36     ` Anders Darander
From: Anders Darander @ 2016-10-24  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thilo.cestonaro; +Cc: openembedded-core

* thilo.cestonaro@ts.fujitsu.com <thilo.cestonaro@ts.fujitsu.com> [161020 08:36]:

> > what is the advantage of such a recipe?

> The only "advantage" what made me using such a recipe was, that I want
> to have the normal toolchain AND the qt5 toolchain in one installation
> package together.  When you know another way to get both together, I
> would be thankful if you tell me how to do this.

Well, have your image `inherit populate_sdk_qt5`, and then call

`bitbake <your-image> -c populate_sdk`. That'll give you the standard,
image-based SDK, with Qt5 in it.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander, Senior System Architect
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB

* Re: meta-toolchain and meta-toolchain-qt for specific image
@ 2016-10-25  7:28       ` thilo.cestonaro
From: thilo.cestonaro @ 2016-10-25  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anders; +Cc: openembedded-core

Hey

> Well, have your image `inherit populate_sdk_qt5`, and then call
>
> `bitbake <your-image> -c populate_sdk`. That'll give you the standard,
> image-based SDK, with Qt5 in it.

Can the image and the sdk be build seperatly then? Or will a "bitbake <my-image>" build the qt5 toolchain directly too?
This is what I intended to get rid off. To be able to build the image and the sdk in two independed build steps.

@ 2016-10-25  7:49         ` Anders Darander
From: Anders Darander @ 2016-10-25  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thilo.cestonaro; +Cc: openembedded-core

* thilo.cestonaro@ts.fujitsu.com <thilo.cestonaro@ts.fujitsu.com> [161025 09:28]:

> Hey

> > Well, have your image `inherit populate_sdk_qt5`, and then call

> > `bitbake <your-image> -c populate_sdk`. That'll give you the standard,
> > image-based SDK, with Qt5 in it.

> Can the image and the sdk be build seperatly then? Or will a "bitbake <my-image>" build the qt5 toolchain directly too?
> This is what I intended to get rid off. To be able to build the image and the sdk in two independed build steps.

Yes, `bitbake <my-image>` does only build your image and `bitbake
<my-image> -c populate_sdk` does only build the SDK.

Cheers,
Anders

--

@ 2016-10-25 11:03           ` thilo.cestonaro
From: thilo.cestonaro @ 2016-10-25 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anders; +Cc: openembedded-core

> Yes, `bitbake <my-image>` does only build your image and `bitbake
> <my-image> -c populate_sdk` does only build the SDK.

Then I will give it a try!
Thanks!

@ 2016-10-19  8:19 thilo.cestonaro
From: thilo.cestonaro @ 2016-10-19  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)