* GSoC IIO project: David Veenstra
@ 2018-03-04 22:59 David Julian Veenstra
From: David Julian Veenstra @ 2018-03-04 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio

Dear IIO Comunity,

Hello, I'm David Veenstra. Currently, I'm a master of Logic (theoretical
computer science) student at the University of Amsterdam. Before that I
completed a bachelor in Computer Science, also at the UvA.

My first experience with drivers was during the development of my
bachelor thesis. Among others things, I investigated what API was
available for writing virtualized drivers for KVM and Xen. Since, then I
have been working on a hobby OS, and also on virtio PCIe drivers.
Furthermore, during a summer internship, I have written a prototype
linux nic driver for an FPGA. I have greatly enjoyed this experiences,
and hence would very much like to join this GSoC project.

It is my understanding that the solutions for the tasks should be sent
in private, so I will send it to the mentor: Daniel Baluta.

Best regards,
David Veenstra

* Re: GSoC IIO project: David Veenstra
@ 2018-03-08 10:58 ` David Julian Veenstra
From: David Julian Veenstra @ 2018-03-08 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio, jic23

Dear IIO Community,

For the Coding Task 01, I submitted the following patches:
https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=152050249930598&w=2
https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=152050245530583&w=2

Jonathan, in reply to
https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=151784107521336&w=2, do you have
a suggestion for a driver to move out of staging?

Best regards,
David Veenstra

@ 2018-03-08 11:45   ` Jonathan Cameron
From: Jonathan Cameron @ 2018-03-08 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Julian Veenstra, linux-iio, jic23

On 8 March 2018 10:58:23 GMT, David Julian Veenstra <davidjulianveenstra@gmail.com> wrote:
>Dear IIO Community,
>
>For the Coding Task 01, I submitted the following patches:
>https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=152050249930598&w=2
>https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=152050245530583&w=2
>
>Jonathan, in reply to
>https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=151784107521336&w=2, do you have
>a suggestion for a driver to move out of staging?

In would take a look at the CDC or resolver drivers. I particular ABI on those..  let other list
 know which you plan to take on to avoid duplication of effort.

Jonathan

@ 2018-03-08 14:00     ` Hernán Gonzalez
From: Hernán Gonzalez @ 2018-03-08 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Cameron; +Cc: David Julian Veenstra, linux-iio, jic23

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 8:45 AM, Jonathan Cameron
<jic23@jic23.retrosnub.co.uk> wrote:

> On 8 March 2018 10:58:23 GMT, David Julian Veenstra <davidjulianveenstra@=
gmail.com> wrote:
>>Dear IIO Community,
>>
>>For the Coding Task 01, I submitted the following patches:
>>https://marc.info/?l=3Dlinux-iio&m=3D152050249930598&w=3D2
>>https://marc.info/?l=3Dlinux-iio&m=3D152050245530583&w=3D2
>>
>>Jonathan, in reply to
>>https://marc.info/?l=3Dlinux-iio&m=3D151784107521336&w=3D2, do you have
>>a suggestion for a driver to move out of staging?
>
> In would take a look at the CDC or resolver drivers. I particular ABI on =
those..  let other list
>  know which you plan to take on to avoid duplication of effort.

Hi,

I'm also a student willing to apply to the GSoC, thus I'm chiming in.
I was thinking the same thing about avoiding the duplication of
effort.
I already started cleaning-up the cdc:ad7746 driver but didn't submit
the patches yet. If no one else is trying to move the same one out of
staging, I'd like to keep working on it.
So, if anyone has already started with that, please let me know so I
can focus on another one.

Cheers,

Hern=C3=A1n Gonzalez

* Re: GSoC IIO project: David Veenstra
@ 2018-03-08 21:30     ` David Julian Veenstra
From: David Julian Veenstra @ 2018-03-08 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio, jic23

On 03/08/2018 12:45 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> On 8 March 2018 10:58:23 GMT, David Julian Veenstra <davidjulianveenstra@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear IIO Community,
>>
>> For the Coding Task 01, I submitted the following patches:
>> https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=152050249930598&w=2
>> https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=152050245530583&w=2
>>
>> Jonathan, in reply to
>> https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=151784107521336&w=2, do you have
>> a suggestion for a driver to move out of staging?
> In would take a look at the CDC or resolver drivers. I particular ABI on those..  let other list
>  know which you plan to take on to avoid duplication of effort.
>
> Jonathan

Alright. I'd like to take a look at the ad2s1200 and the ad2s1210
driver, although I have
no concrete plan yet.

@ 2018-03-08 23:17       ` Rodrigo Siqueira
From: Rodrigo Siqueira @ 2018-03-08 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Julian Veenstra; +Cc: linux-iio

Hi David,

On 03/08, David Julian Veenstra wrote:
> On 03/08/2018 12:45 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> > On 8 March 2018 10:58:23 GMT, David Julian Veenstra <davidjulianveenstra@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Dear IIO Community,
> >>
> >> For the Coding Task 01, I submitted the following patches:
> >> https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=152050249930598&w=2
> >> https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=152050245530583&w=2
> >>
> >> Jonathan, in reply to
> >> https://marc.info/?l=linux-iio&m=151784107521336&w=2, do you have
> >> a suggestion for a driver to move out of staging?
> > In would take a look at the CDC or resolver drivers. I particular ABI on those..  let other list
> >  know which you plan to take on to avoid duplication of effort.
> >
> > Jonathan
>
> Alright. I'd like to take a look at the ad2s1200 and the ad2s1210
> driver, although I have
> no concrete plan yet.

Today I inspected the AD2S1210 code, and I created a small work
plan. However, I saw your message a few minutes ago. I have a
suggestion: how about I work on AD2S1210 and you on AD2S1200? This
strategy can bring more benefits to the community in my opinion. If you
agree I will send my work plan, if not, that ok for me I can try to work
on frequency module (actually, I believe that frequency is in the same
situation of meter module).

@ 2018-03-09 11:12         ` David Julian Veenstra
From: David Julian Veenstra @ 2018-03-09 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodrigo Siqueira; +Cc: linux-iio

On 03/09/2018 12:17 AM, Rodrigo Siqueira wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On 03/08, David Julian Veenstra wrote:

>>> In would take a look at the CDC or resolver drivers. I particular ABI on those..  let other list
>>>  know which you plan to take on to avoid duplication of effort.
>>>
>>> Jonathan
>> Alright. I'd like to take a look at the ad2s1200 and the ad2s1210
>> driver, although I have
>> no concrete plan yet.
> Today I inspected the AD2S1210 code, and I created a small work
> plan. However, I saw your message a few minutes ago. I have a
> suggestion: how about I work on AD2S1210 and you on AD2S1200? This
> strategy can bring more benefits to the community in my opinion. If you
> agree I will send my work plan, if not, that ok for me I can try to work
> on frequency module (actually, I believe that frequency is in the same
> situation of meter module).
>
>> Best regards,
>> David Veenstra
>> --

Agreed. I'll take a look at the AD2S1200 driver.

Best regards,
David Veenstra