* About the PVH in Seabios
@ 2020-05-26  7:18 Yang Zhong
From: Yang Zhong @ 2020-05-26  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel; +Cc: yang.zhong, pbonzini, sgarzare

Hello all,

The current PVH has been implemented in Qemu and Qboot/uefi, i am not
familiar with the PVH implementation history, and found there is no
PVH support in Seabios, my question is do we have plan to support
PVH in Seabios? thanks.

Regards,

Yang

* Re: About the PVH in Seabios
@ 2020-05-26  7:36 ` Stefano Garzarella
From: Stefano Garzarella @ 2020-05-26  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yang Zhong; +Cc: pbonzini, qemu-devel

Hi Yang,

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 03:18:26PM +0800, Yang Zhong wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The current PVH has been implemented in Qemu and Qboot/uefi, i am not
> familiar with the PVH implementation history, and found there is no
> PVH support in Seabios, my question is do we have plan to support
> PVH in Seabios? thanks.

We developed an optionrom in QEMU (pc-bios/optionrom/pvh*) that is used
with SeaBIOS to boot a PVH image.

So we don't need to change SeaBIOS since it already supports optionroms.
Currently when you use a PVH image in QEMU, SeaBIOS is used as default
choice with the PVH optionrom.

Cheers,
Stefano

* Re: About the PVH in Seabios
@ 2020-05-26  7:57   ` Yang Zhong
From: Yang Zhong @ 2020-05-26  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Garzarella; +Cc: pbonzini, qemu-devel

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 09:36:51AM +0200, Stefano Garzarella wrote:
> Hi Yang,
>
> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 03:18:26PM +0800, Yang Zhong wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > The current PVH has been implemented in Qemu and Qboot/uefi, i am not
> > familiar with the PVH implementation history, and found there is no
> > PVH support in Seabios, my question is do we have plan to support
> > PVH in Seabios? thanks.
>
> We developed an optionrom in QEMU (pc-bios/optionrom/pvh*) that is used
> with SeaBIOS to boot a PVH image.
>
> So we don't need to change SeaBIOS since it already supports optionroms.
> Currently when you use a PVH image in QEMU, SeaBIOS is used as default
> choice with the PVH optionrom.

  Stefano, thanks for your information, i only checked the pvh changes
  in Seabios code and ignored optionrom changes, thanks again.

  Regards,

  Yang