* Kernel 5.4 status
@ 2020-10-26  7:54 Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-10-26  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai, Meng, Fino
  Cc: Pirou, Florent, Wang, Rick Y, Chen, Hongzhan, Greg Gallagher, chensong

Hi all,

a brief update on the porting status to 5.4:

- new noarch ipipe/master is ready:

  https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-noarch/-/commits/ipipe/master

  I've regenerated the queue from Fino's work, reviewing conflict
  resolutions once again. No issues found, well done! I've only done a
  few cleanups and added missing patches from the latest 4.19-noarch.

  This should now be a reasonable baseline for porting other archs.

- x86 5.4 branch is also ready:

  https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-x86/-/commits/ipipe-x86-5.4.y

  Here I added the FPU changes, fixing the hard-irqs mask leak and
  hardening an additionally needed path (fpu__clear). I've also done a
  full merge conflict review, and I think I found and fixed issues in
  the kvm code. Still untested, though. I've cleaned up the GTOD update.
  I furthermore fixed missing hard-irqs reenabling in some page-fault
  paths. And added latest x86 patches from 4.19.

- Xenomai next is almost ready:

  https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/commits/next

  RTnet and Analogy are not building ATM. That still breaks CI. But the
  result is otherwise working fine, at least in QEMU/KVM. More tests
  welcome!

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT

* Re: Kernel 5.4 status
@ 2020-10-26  8:23 ` Fino Meng
From: Fino Meng @ 2020-10-26  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: xenomai

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 08:54:54AM +0100, Jan Kiszka via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a brief update on the porting status to 5.4:
>
> - new noarch ipipe/master is ready:
>
>   https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-noarch/-/commits/ipipe/master
>
>   I've regenerated the queue from Fino's work, reviewing conflict
>   resolutions once again. No issues found, well done! I've only done a
>   few cleanups and added missing patches from the latest 4.19-noarch.
>
>   This should now be a reasonable baseline for porting other archs.
>
> - x86 5.4 branch is also ready:
>
>   https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-x86/-/commits/ipipe-x86-5.4.y
>
>   Here I added the FPU changes, fixing the hard-irqs mask leak and
>   hardening an additionally needed path (fpu__clear). I've also done a
>   full merge conflict review, and I think I found and fixed issues in
>   the kvm code. Still untested, though. I've cleaned up the GTOD update.
>   I furthermore fixed missing hard-irqs reenabling in some page-fault
>   paths. And added latest x86 patches from 4.19.
>
> - Xenomai next is almost ready:
>
>   https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/commits/next
>
>   RTnet and Analogy are not building ATM. That still breaks CI. But the
>   result is otherwise working fine, at least in QEMU/KVM. More tests
>   welcome!
>
> Jan

Thanks Jan, and great team work! We really need Xenomai on newest Linux
kenrel, not only used as bare metal, also working as RTVM in ACRN. We
will contribute more on Xenomai and Dovetail.

BR fino

> --
> Siemens AG, T RDA IOT

* Re: Kernel 5.4 status
@ 2020-10-26 13:45   ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2020-10-26 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fino Meng; +Cc: Jan Kiszka, Xenomai@xenomai.org

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 4:25 AM Fino Meng via Xenomai
<xenomai@xenomai.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 08:54:54AM +0100, Jan Kiszka via Xenomai wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > a brief update on the porting status to 5.4:
> >
> > - new noarch ipipe/master is ready:
> >
> >   https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-noarch/-/commits/ipipe/master
> >
> >   I've regenerated the queue from Fino's work, reviewing conflict
> >   resolutions once again. No issues found, well done! I've only done a
> >   few cleanups and added missing patches from the latest 4.19-noarch.
> >
> >   This should now be a reasonable baseline for porting other archs.
> >
> > - x86 5.4 branch is also ready:
> >
> >   https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-x86/-/commits/ipipe-x86-5.4.y
> >
> >   Here I added the FPU changes, fixing the hard-irqs mask leak and
> >   hardening an additionally needed path (fpu__clear). I've also done a
> >   full merge conflict review, and I think I found and fixed issues in
> >   the kvm code. Still untested, though. I've cleaned up the GTOD update.
> >   I furthermore fixed missing hard-irqs reenabling in some page-fault
> >   paths. And added latest x86 patches from 4.19.
> >
> > - Xenomai next is almost ready:
> >
> >   https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/commits/next
> >
> >   RTnet and Analogy are not building ATM. That still breaks CI. But the
> >   result is otherwise working fine, at least in QEMU/KVM. More tests
> >   welcome!
> >
> > Jan
> >

> Thanks Jan, and great team work! We really need Xenomai on newest Linux
> kenrel, not only used as bare metal, also working as RTVM in ACRN. We
> will contribute more on Xenomai and Dovetail.
>
> BR fino
>
> > --
> > Siemens AG, T RDA IOT
> > Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux

Great work, I'll start getting braches up for arm and arm64 development ready.

-Greg

* Re: Kernel 5.4 status
@ 2020-10-27  1:32     ` chensong
From: chensong @ 2020-10-27  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Gallagher, Fino Meng; +Cc: Xenomai@xenomai.org

On 2020年10月26日 21:45, Greg Gallagher via Xenomai wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 4:25 AM Fino Meng via Xenomai
> <xenomai@xenomai.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 08:54:54AM +0100, Jan Kiszka via Xenomai wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> a brief update on the porting status to 5.4:
>>>
>>> - new noarch ipipe/master is ready:
>>>
>>>    https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-noarch/-/commits/ipipe/master
>>>
>>>    I've regenerated the queue from Fino's work, reviewing conflict
>>>    resolutions once again. No issues found, well done! I've only done a
>>>    few cleanups and added missing patches from the latest 4.19-noarch.
>>>
>>>    This should now be a reasonable baseline for porting other archs.
>>>
>>> - x86 5.4 branch is also ready:
>>>
>>>    https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-x86/-/commits/ipipe-x86-5.4.y
>>>
>>>    Here I added the FPU changes, fixing the hard-irqs mask leak and
>>>    hardening an additionally needed path (fpu__clear). I've also done a
>>>    full merge conflict review, and I think I found and fixed issues in
>>>    the kvm code. Still untested, though. I've cleaned up the GTOD update.
>>>    I furthermore fixed missing hard-irqs reenabling in some page-fault
>>>    paths. And added latest x86 patches from 4.19.
>>>
>>> - Xenomai next is almost ready:
>>>
>>>    https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/commits/next
>>>
>>>    RTnet and Analogy are not building ATM. That still breaks CI. But the
>>>    result is otherwise working fine, at least in QEMU/KVM. More tests
>>>    welcome!
>>>
>>> Jan
>>>

>> Thanks Jan, and great team work! We really need Xenomai on newest Linux
>> kenrel, not only used as bare metal, also working as RTVM in ACRN. We
>> will contribute more on Xenomai and Dovetail.
>>
>> BR fino
>>
>>> --
>>> Siemens AG, T RDA IOT
>>> Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux
>>>

> Great work, I'll start getting braches up for arm and arm64 development ready.
>
> -Greg

please let me know when it's ready, many thanks.

chensong