* Kernel 5.4 status
@ 2020-10-26  7:54 Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-10-26  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai, Meng, Fino
  Cc: Pirou, Florent, Wang, Rick Y, Chen, Hongzhan, Greg Gallagher, chensong

Hi all,

a brief update on the porting status to 5.4:

- new noarch ipipe/master is ready:

  https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-noarch/-/commits/ipipe/master

  I've regenerated the queue from Fino's work, reviewing conflict
  resolutions once again. No issues found, well done! I've only done a
  few cleanups and added missing patches from the latest 4.19-noarch.

  This should now be a reasonable baseline for porting other archs.

- x86 5.4 branch is also ready:

  https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-x86/-/commits/ipipe-x86-5.4.y

  Here I added the FPU changes, fixing the hard-irqs mask leak and
  hardening an additionally needed path (fpu__clear). I've also done a
  full merge conflict review, and I think I found and fixed issues in
  the kvm code. Still untested, though. I've cleaned up the GTOD update.
  I furthermore fixed missing hard-irqs reenabling in some page-fault
  paths. And added latest x86 patches from 4.19.

- Xenomai next is almost ready:

  https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/commits/next

  RTnet and Analogy are not building ATM. That still breaks CI. But the
  result is otherwise working fine, at least in QEMU/KVM. More tests
  welcome!

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT