* Missing getext dependency in v2.37
@ 2021-06-07 16:22 Qais Yousef
From: Qais Yousef @ 2021-06-07 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karel Zak; +Cc: util-linux

Hi Karl

While building v2.37 I hit the following build error

	: --update --no-wrap --previous --lang=ca ca.po util-linux.pot
	rm -f ca.gmo && : -c --statistics --verbose -o ca.gmo ca.po
	mv: cannot stat 't-ca.gmo': No such file or directory

which turned out to be due to a missing gettext package on my system. After
installing it then re-running configure it builds fine.

It was a fresh checkout where I ran autogen.sh, configure and then make.

Should configure fail when it detects gettext is missing? Maybe this is
a symptom of something else failing somewhere else; I admit I didn't dig much
into it.

Thanks

--
Qais Yousef