* ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero (ALC4082) - No audio from microphone, no audio on the front panel
       [not found] <1654360111754354000-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2022-06-04 16:28 ` GitHub issues - edited
From: GitHub issues - edited @ 2022-06-04 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #165 was edited from Lastique:

I'm having a problem with getting audio from the microphone connected to the rear panel jack. Also, if I connect the headset to the front panel headphone/mic jacks, I get neither audio out or in. My main concern is the rear panel jack though. The motherboard is ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero, ALC4082 USB Audio chipset.

I have tried this:

1. Installed linux kernel 5.18.0.
2. Copied `ucm2` from alsa-ucm-conf master (rev ef3b6513b6581705d36432428a7f6a4ae23b1276 which is after https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/143 was merged) to `/usr/share/alsa`.
3. In `/usr/share/alsa/ucm2/USB-Audio/USB-Audio.conf` added hardware id of my USB Audio device (`0b05:1a27`) to the `realtek-alc4080` rule. Also added the hardware id in `/usr/share/alsa/ucm2/USB-Audio/Realtek/ALC4080-HiFi.conf`, in the `asus-rog-usb` block condition.
4. Rebooted.
5. The headset is connected to the rear panel (Front out and Mic in jacks; also tried Line in).

There are three devices for the USB Audio card, and there are three volume controls in alsamixer: "Line", "Mic" and "Analog In". The problem is that there is no audio coming from the first two devices (which are presumably "Line" and "Mic"). I can record audio from the third device ("Analog In") when the microphone is connected to Mic jack.

Unfortunately, "Analog In" cannot be selected in PulseAudio for some reason (I created a [bug](https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/issues/1364) for PA), which means no audio can be recorded.

I also tried to connect the headset to the front panel connectors, but got no audio output nor capture. This is not my intended configuration though, I normally connect the headset to the rear panel.

`arecord` output:
[arecord.txt](https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/files/8838239/arecord.txt)
`lsusb` output:
[lsusb.txt](https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/files/8838250/lsusb.txt)

This is on Kubuntu 22.04.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/165
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf

* ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero (ALC4082) - No audio from microphone, no audio on the front panel
       [not found] <1654534417897471905-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2022-06-06 16:53 ` GitHub issues - edited
From: GitHub issues - edited @ 2022-06-06 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

[...]