* Upcoming Analog Devices SoC Support Submission
@ 2024-03-26  2:47 Greg Malysa
From: Greg Malysa @ 2024-03-26  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot; +Cc: Ian Roberts, Nathan Barrett-Morrison

Hi Tom,

I wanted to get a little bit of guidance before dumping some patches
on the mailing list. I've been preparing to submit support we've
developed for the Analog Devices SC5xx SoCs including both core SoC
support and specific device trees and defconfigs for the eval kits
available from ADI. I've submitted several small patches to touch
various shared parts of U-Boot that we needed to extend to get this
hardware running and to get some familiarity with using patman to
format and submit things, but now I have a roughly 15k line changeset
consisting of a new mach type and all of the required drivers for the
system. It's broken down into a bunch of commits: one for the mach
type support, one per driver we've added, and one per target board
supported.

What is the best way to submit this? Ideally I'd love to get feedback
on individual drivers from the respective subsystem maintainers, but
it seems rude to have a 20-element patch series that gets resubmitted
each time feedback comes in for one component. If we break it down
into separate patches for each piece, what would be the best way to
ensure that all of the dependencies are merged in order?

Thanks,
Greg

--
Greg Malysa
Timesys Corporation

* Re: Upcoming Analog Devices SoC Support Submission
@ 2024-03-28 20:47 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2024-03-28 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Malysa; +Cc: u-boot, Ian Roberts, Nathan Barrett-Morrison