* Intel roadmap for 22.07
@ 2022-03-24  8:32 Mcnamara, John
From: Mcnamara, John @ 2022-03-24  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Devlin, Michelle

The following are the proposed Intel roadmap items for DPDK 22.07:

* dmadev library add telemetry support
* pipeline connection tracking improvements
* pipeline packet mirroring support
* pipeline hash support
* pipeline default action arguments
* ethdev library add protocol-based header split API
* ice PMD add header split support
* ice PMD implement rte_tm to support 3 level QoS
* EEPROM info dump add telemetric command
* iavf PMD add raw pattern rte_flow support
* iavf PMD add Rx timestamp offload support
* Intel IPU SoC add new "idpf" PMD
* openssl PMD add OpenSSL 3.0 lib support
* QAT PMD remove deprecated dependency on openssl 1.x
* QAT Gen 4 add asymmetric crypto algorithm support
* AESNI-MB PMD support chained mbuf for AES GCM and chachapoly
* vhost add async dequeue support for split ring
* vhost add small copy with CPU in DSA accelerated vhost
* Add thread-unsafe/thread-safe in-flight packets check
* DLB allow assignment of SW/HW credit quanta assignment on port usage hint
* DLB allow dlb2 eventdev apps to use specific COS on per port basis
* DLB add support for DLB 2.5 QE weight hardware feature
* bbdev new PMD for Intel ACC101 device
* add eventdev_dump sample application

* Re: Intel roadmap for 22.07
@ 2022-03-29 12:15 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2022-03-29 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mcnamara, John; +Cc: dev, Devlin, Michelle

24/03/2022 09:32, Mcnamara, John:
> * DLB allow assignment of SW/HW credit quanta assignment on port usage hint
> * DLB allow dlb2 eventdev apps to use specific COS on per port basis
> * DLB add support for DLB 2.5 QE weight hardware feature

DLB and DLB2 were introduced as different but very similar drivers,
and they got eventually merged.

> * bbdev new PMD for Intel ACC101 device

Is it really going to be a separate driver of ACC100?

* RE: Intel roadmap for 22.07
@ 2022-03-29 15:13   ` Chautru, Nicolas
From: Chautru, Nicolas @ 2022-03-29 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Mcnamara, John; +Cc: dev, Devlin, Michelle

Hi Thomas,

The ACC101 PMD is to support a new silicon being PRQ this year by Intel. Note this is not a FPGA but an actual ASIC.
There is some similarity with ACC100 but still a brand new silicon, new features, number of silicon bug fixes, different number of engines, different performance and hence a separate PMD.
Let me know I unclear
Nic

@ 2022-03-29 18:51     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2022-03-29 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chautru, Nicolas; +Cc: Mcnamara, John, dev, Devlin, Michelle

29/03/2022 17:13, Chautru, Nicolas:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> The ACC101 PMD is to support a new silicon being PRQ this year by Intel. Note this is not a FPGA but an actual ASIC.
> There is some similarity with ACC100 but still a brand new silicon, new features, number of silicon bug fixes, different number of engines, different performance and hence a separate PMD.
> Let me know I unclear

Are you sure you tried hard to manage them with a common code?

Last time we asked such question, it was for DLB,
and it became clear later that it should be the same code,
otherwise you fix bugs two times, etc.

I understand it is a new silicon, but do you know the net driver mlx5
is the same for various hardware of the last 10 years?

@ 2023-07-31 14:12 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2023-07-31 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mcnamara, John; +Cc: dev, Devlin, Michelle, pablo.de.lara.guarch, ciara.power

24/03/2022 09:32, Mcnamara, John:
> * QAT PMD remove deprecated dependency on openssl 1.x

Was this really done?
I'm lost in QAT dependency.
Should I remove this item from the online roadmap?