* [meta-clang] Failure add clang to SDK on hardknott
@ 2021-09-02  7:39 Piotr
From: Piotr @ 2021-09-02  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

After switching to hardknott branches (poky 14c5392fde, meta-clang b0d8050) I'm not able to add successfully clang compiler to SDK. There are some undefined references to tinfo during build:

| //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `keyok@NCURSES_TINFO_5.0.19991023'
| //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `raw@NCURSES_TINFO_5.0.19991023'
| //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `_nc_add_to_try@NCURSES_TINFO_5.0.19991023'
| //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `_nc_get_screensize@NCURSES_TINFO_5.7.20081102'
| //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `_nc_get_locale@NCURSES_TINFO_5.4.20040208'
| //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `SP@NCURSES_TINFO_5.0.19991023'
| clang-12: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
| ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

On the gatesgarth branch everything compiles fine, so I suppose that something should be added to make it works on the current version. Have you met such a problem or have any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

--
Piotr Piwko

* Re: [poky] [meta-clang] Failure add clang to SDK on hardknott
@ 2021-09-02  7:47 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-09-02  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piotr; +Cc: poky

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 12:39 AM Piotr <piotr.piwko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After switching to hardknott branches (poky 14c5392fde, meta-clang b0d8050) I'm not able to add successfully clang compiler to SDK. There are some undefined references to tinfo during build:
>
> | //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `keyok@NCURSES_TINFO_5.0.19991023'
> | //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `raw@NCURSES_TINFO_5.0.19991023'
> | //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `_nc_add_to_try@NCURSES_TINFO_5.0.19991023'
> | //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `_nc_get_screensize@NCURSES_TINFO_5.7.20081102'
> | //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `_nc_get_locale@NCURSES_TINFO_5.4.20040208'
> | //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5: undefined reference to `SP@NCURSES_TINFO_5.0.19991023'
> | clang-12: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
> | ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
>
> On the gatesgarth branch everything compiles fine, so I suppose that something should be added to make it works on the current version. Have you met such a problem or have any idea what may be wrong?

is it happening when building clang for target or during clang-native
or nativesdk-clang build ?
it seems something mix and match going on. Where it expects to links
with target version but then tries to link libtinfo from host.
please post full build log for this component somewhere as well to see further.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Piotr Piwko

* Re: [meta-clang] Failure add clang to SDK on hardknott
@ 2021-09-02  8:10   ` Piotr
From: Piotr @ 2021-09-02  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky