* [linux-dvb] Best dvb-t tuner ?
@ 2008-12-12 17:51 linuxcbon
From: linuxcbon @ 2008-12-12 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-dvb

hi,

there are many dvb-t tuners for the PC.
Can you help me chose the best :p

I read PCI have better sensibility than USB bvecause they have a special antenna circuit ?
I read that "diversity" receives better but it is only in USB, and doesnt work in linux ?
I read most of tuners have only 40dB AGC range so they need a LNA, and others have 80dB AGC range (MT2067 has even 110dB).

Do I need time-shifting ?
Do I need a radio tuner ?

Also there are new HD products, I am lost...

Regards

* Re: [linux-dvb] Best dvb-t tuner ?
@ 2008-12-12 20:19 ` Halim Sahin
From: Halim Sahin @ 2008-12-12 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-dvb

Hi,
I am using a twinhan dtv alpha stick since three years.
i don't know if that version is available today but the stick works realy well.

If you want to buy a pci card look at the technisat airstar pci products!
HTH.
halim

* Re: [linux-dvb] Best dvb-t tuner ?
@ 2008-12-13 12:32 ` Kemble Wagner
From: Kemble Wagner @ 2008-12-13 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxcbon; +Cc: linux-dvb

Do I need time-shifting ?

no its a part of the products software which you wont be using anyway

Do I need a radio tuner ?

not unless you listen to the radio

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 4:51 AM, linuxcbon <linuxcbon@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> hi,
>
> there are many dvb-t tuners for the PC.
> Can you help me chose the best :p
>
> I read PCI have better sensibility than USB bvecause they have a special
> antenna circuit ?
> I read that "diversity" receives better but it is only in USB, and doesnt
> work in linux ?
> I read most of tuners have only 40dB AGC range so they need a LNA, and
> others have 80dB AGC range (MT2067 has even 110dB).
>
> Do I need time-shifting ?
> Do I need a radio tuner ?
>
> Also there are new HD products, I am lost...
>
> Regards

* Re: [linux-dvb] Best dvb-t tuner ?
@ 2008-12-15  9:01   ` Henrik Beckman
From: Henrik Beckman @ 2008-12-15  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Halim Sahin; +Cc: linux-dvb

No,

The linux compatible version is long gone and afaik no driver has been
adapted to the new hardware revision.
See the Wiki for info.

/Henrik

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Halim Sahin <halim.sahin@t-online.de>wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using a twinhan dtv alpha stick since three years.
> i don't know if that version is available today but the stick works realy
> well.
>
> If you want to buy a pci card look at the technisat airstar pci products!
> HTH.
> halim

* Re: [linux-dvb] Best dvb-t tuner ?
@ 2008-12-16 22:16     ` linuxcbon
From: linuxcbon @ 2008-12-16 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Halim Sahin, Henrik Beckman; +Cc: linux-dvb

> The linux compatible version is long gone and afaik no
> driver has been
> adapted to the new hardware revision.
> See the Wiki for info.
>
> /Henrik
>
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Halim Sahin
> <halim.sahin@t-online.de>wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am using a twinhan dtv alpha stick since three
> years.
> > i don't know if that version is available today
> but the stick works realy
> > well.
> >
> > If you want to buy a pci card look at the technisat
> airstar pci products!
> > HTH.
> > halim

Hi

Someone told me, PCI have a better reception than USB.
And the more expensive, the better the card is.
So what about :
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4000
Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Pro PCI
Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500