* Wildcard in RDEPENDS when exporting perl modules to SDK
@ 2014-09-26  5:37 Joseph Andrew de la Peña
From: Joseph Andrew de la Peña @ 2014-09-26  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Good day Yocto Dev Community,

I would like to ask how to include all perl modules into nativesdk? I see
that all RDEPENDS for perl has a prefix of ${PN}-module-perl-*. How can I
include all perl modules into the nativesdk host package group? Is there a
wild card that can be used?

Thanks,
Joseph

* Re: Wildcard in RDEPENDS when exporting perl modules to SDK
@ 2014-09-26  9:02 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-09-26  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Andrew de la Peña; +Cc: yocto

Hi Joseph,

On Friday 26 September 2014 13:37:29 Joseph Andrew de la Peña wrote:
> I would like to ask how to include all perl modules into nativesdk? I see
> that all RDEPENDS for perl has a prefix of ${PN}-module-perl-*. How can I
> include all perl modules into the nativesdk host package group? Is there a
> wild card that can be used?

There isn't, but you can just add nativesdk-perl-modules to your SDK (via
appending to TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK) to accomplish the same thing - it's a
meta-package that will bring in all of the core modules.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: Wildcard in RDEPENDS when exporting perl modules to SDK
@ 2014-09-29  0:09   ` Joseph Andrew de la Peña
From: Joseph Andrew de la Peña @ 2014-09-29  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: yocto

Good day Paul,

I would like to ask why you specifically noted the TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK
and not the TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK?
Why are you inclined to putting it into the target sysroot and not the host
sysroot? Or plainly what are the guidelines on where to put the unit to
that toolchain task?

Thanks,
Joseph

@ 2014-09-29  8:39     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-09-29  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Andrew de la Peña; +Cc: yocto

On Monday 29 September 2014 08:09:33 Joseph Andrew de la Peña wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Paul Eggleton <
> paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > There isn't, but you can just add nativesdk-perl-modules to your SDK (via
> > appending to TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK) to accomplish the same thing - it's a
> > meta-package that will bring in all of the core modules.
>
> I would like to ask why you specifically noted the TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK
> and not the TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK?
> Why are you inclined to putting it into the target sysroot and not the host
> sysroot? Or plainly what are the guidelines on where to put the unit to
> that toolchain task?

Actually I had this wrong, it should be TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK - it's not a
target package. Where to put a particular package in the two parts of the SDK
depends on where the package is normally designed to run - the build host or
the target.

Cheers,
Paul

--