* [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 5.3-rc2
@ 2019-07-26 15:12 Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2019-07-26 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-block

Hi Linus,

A set of fixes that should make it into this release. This pull request
contains:

- Several io_uring fixes/improvements:
	- Blocking fix for O_DIRECT (me)
	- Latter page slowness for registered buffers (me)
	- Fix poll hang under certain conditions (me)
	- Defer sequence check fix for wrapped rings (Zhengyuan)
	- Mismatch in async inc/dec accounting (Zhengyuan)
	- Memory ordering issue that could cause stall (Zhengyuan)
	- Track sequential defer in bytes, not pages (Zhengyuan)

- NVMe pull request from Christoph

- Set of hang fixes for wbt (Josef)

- Redundant error message kill for libahci (Ding)

- Remove unused blk_mq_sched_started_request() and related ops (Marcos)

- drbd dynamic alloc shash descriptor to reduce stack use (Arnd)

- blkcg ->pd_stat() non-debug print (Tejun)

- bcache memory leak fix (Wei)

- Comment fix (Akinobu)

- BFQ perf regression fix (Paolo)

Please pull!

  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git tags/for-linus-20190726

Akinobu Mita (1):
      block: fix sysfs module parameters directory path in comment

Arnd Bergmann (1):
      drbd: dynamically allocate shash descriptor

Ding Xiang (1):
      ata: libahci_platform: remove redundant dev_err message

Jens Axboe (5):
      blk-mq: allow REQ_NOWAIT to return an error inline
      block: properly handle IOCB_NOWAIT for async O_DIRECT IO
      io_uring: don't use iov_iter_advance() for fixed buffers
      io_uring: ensure ->list is initialized for poll commands
      Merge branch 'nvme-5.3' of git://git.infradead.org/nvme into for-linus

Josef Bacik (5):
      wait: add wq_has_single_sleeper helper
      rq-qos: fix missed wake-ups in rq_qos_throttle
      rq-qos: don't reset has_sleepers on spurious wakeups
      rq-qos: set ourself TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE after we schedule
      rq-qos: use a mb for got_token

Logan Gunthorpe (1):
      nvme: fix memory leak caused by incorrect subsystem free

Marcos Paulo de Souza (1):
      block: blk-mq: Remove blk_mq_sched_started_request and started_request

Marta Rybczynska (1):
      nvme: fix multipath crash when ANA is deactivated

Misha Nasledov (1):
      nvme: ignore subnqn for ADATA SX6000LNP

Paolo Valente (1):
      block, bfq: check also in-flight I/O in dispatch plugging

Tejun Heo (1):
      blkcg: allow blkcg_policy->pd_stat() to print non-debug info too

Wei Yongjun (1):
      bcache: fix possible memory leak in bch_cached_dev_run()

Zhengyuan Liu (4):
      io_uring: fix the sequence comparison in io_sequence_defer
      io_uring: fix counter inc/dec mismatch in async_list
      io_uring: add a memory barrier before atomic_read
      io_uring: track io length in async_list based on bytes

yangerkun (1):
      Revert "nvme-pci: don't create a read hctx mapping without read queues"

 block/bfq-iosched.c                | 67 ++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 block/blk-cgroup.c                 |  9 ++---
 block/blk-iolatency.c              |  3 ++
 block/blk-mq-sched.h               |  9 -----
 block/blk-mq.c                     | 10 +++--
 block/blk-rq-qos.c                 |  7 +++-
 block/genhd.c                      |  2 +-
 drivers/ata/libahci_platform.c     |  1 -
 drivers/block/drbd/drbd_receiver.c | 14 ++++++-
 drivers/md/bcache/super.c          |  3 ++
 drivers/nvme/host/core.c           | 12 +++---
 drivers/nvme/host/multipath.c      |  8 +---
 drivers/nvme/host/nvme.h           |  6 ++-
 drivers/nvme/host/pci.c            |  6 +--
 fs/block_dev.c                     | 58 +++++++++++++++++++++++----
 fs/io_uring.c                      | 81 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 include/linux/blk-cgroup.h         |  1 +
 include/linux/blk_types.h          |  5 ++-
 include/linux/elevator.h           |  1 -
 include/linux/wait.h               | 13 ++++++

Jens Axboe

* Re: [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 5.3-rc2
@ 2019-07-26 17:56 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2019-07-26 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe, James Bottomley, Christoph Hellwig, Guenter Roeck; +Cc: linux-block

Guys, what happened to the wrong sector boundary and max sector mess?

There are at least two different issues (with one of them having two
proposed fixes);

  https://lore.kernel.org/linux-block/1563896932.3609.15.camel@HansenPartnership.com/
  https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1563895995.3609.10.camel@HansenPartnership.com/
  https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1563839144.2504.5.camel@HansenPartnership.com/

but I don't actually seem to have a pull request for any of this.

The

   dma_max_mapping_size(dev) << SECTOR_SHIFT

this in scsi_lib.c is clearly completely wrong, and is still there in my tree.

The virt_boundary_mask thing can apparently be fixed other ways too
(ie questionable whether it should be fixed in block/blk-settings.c or
in drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c, but I don't see either one. I was
expecting the block/blk-settings.c one to be in this pull request.

Maybe I'm missing some alternate fix? I don't think so, particularly
since I still see the wrong-way shift, at least.

Is this due to some confusion about who is supposed to fix it?
Christoph was involved in both, issues, and the problems came throigh
different trees (ie block tree for the virt_boundary_mask, scsi with
the

                  Linus

@ 2019-07-26 18:25 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2019-07-26 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-block

The pull request you sent on Fri, 26 Jul 2019 09:12:42 -0600:

> git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git tags/for-linus-20190726

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/04412819652fe30f900d11e96c67b4adfdf17f6b

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/prtracker

* Re: [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 5.3-rc2
@ 2019-07-26 18:39   ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2019-07-26 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds, James Bottomley, Christoph Hellwig, Guenter Roeck
  Cc: linux-block

On 7/26/19 11:56 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Guys, what happened to the wrong sector boundary and max sector mess?
>
> There are at least two different issues (with one of them having two
> proposed fixes);
>
>    https://lore.kernel.org/linux-block/1563896932.3609.15.camel@HansenPartnership.com/
>    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1563895995.3609.10.camel@HansenPartnership.com/
>    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1563839144.2504.5.camel@HansenPartnership.com/
>
> but I don't actually seem to have a pull request for any of this.
>
> The
>
>     dma_max_mapping_size(dev) << SECTOR_SHIFT
>
> this in scsi_lib.c is clearly completely wrong, and is still there in my tree.
>
> The virt_boundary_mask thing can apparently be fixed other ways too
> (ie questionable whether it should be fixed in block/blk-settings.c or
> in drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c, but I don't see either one. I was
> expecting the block/blk-settings.c one to be in this pull request.
>
> Maybe I'm missing some alternate fix? I don't think so, particularly
> since I still see the wrong-way shift, at least.
>
> Is this due to some confusion about who is supposed to fix it?
> Christoph was involved in both, issues, and the problems came throigh
> different trees (ie block tree for the virt_boundary_mask, scsi with
> the

The fix is sitting in the SCSI tree:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git/commit/?h=fixes&id=1b5d9a6e98350e0713b4faa1b04e8f239f63b581

so hopefully it'll be pushed upstream in time for -rc2...

--

@ 2019-07-26 18:44     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2019-07-26 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: James Bottomley, Christoph Hellwig, Guenter Roeck, linux-block

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 11:39 AM Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk> wrote:

> The fix is sitting in the SCSI tree:

You clearly didn't follow the links.

That's *one* of the fixes.

Not the one that possibly should be fixed in block/blk-settings.c and
that I expected to come through your tree.

             Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 5.3-rc2
@ 2019-07-26 18:50       ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2019-07-26 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: James Bottomley, Christoph Hellwig, Guenter Roeck, linux-block

On 7/26/19 12:44 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 11:39 AM Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk> wrote:
>>
>> The fix is sitting in the SCSI tree:
>
> You clearly didn't follow the links.
>
> That's *one* of the fixes.
>
> Not the one that possibly should be fixed in block/blk-settings.c and
> that I expected to come through your tree.

I did, but didn't look closely enough. Looks I totally missed the other
side of this, Christoph did send a patch for it two days ago.

I'll get this queued up and send in later today.

--
Jens Axboe