* Please help me...
@ 1999-12-31  2:29 dony
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: dony @ 1999-12-31  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raphael Bossek, Brendan Simon, Dan Malek, linuxppc-embed

Hi,
      Now I am trying to embed linux onto our MPC860-based board. I have
some questions which may be solved by you embed-linux gurus....
     What I want to do  is the following:
    1     Initialize the MPC860 CPU , memory, serial port, enet port .
    2    Download  the linux powerpc kernel (which I have cross-compiled
on my X86 box)
           from the TFTP server to RAM on board.
    3    run the kernel.
Now the 1 and 2 step work well, but when I download the kernel to RAM on
board, It just cannot run.Do you know why? How can I programme to make
it run? Since the kernel is a compressed image (zvmlinux), need I make
some codes to decompress it and then run it? if so, how to do it?
 Thank you very much :-))
 Merry christmas & happy year.

dony

* please help  me.......
@ 2003-09-19  8:55 Vijay Angelo
From: Vijay Angelo @ 2003-09-19  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

hi
 I m one among the member of this list ,i have a problem with
libiptc...please look after if u can do it.
 I want to insert one rule using the iptc_insert_entry function in
libiptc....
 As i m new to netfilter ,libiptc ..i m struggling  a lot..i hope u can help
me .

 Just give me an information about how to fill the target information in the
ip_entry structure ...and the  i  target_offset field ...

    I want insert a rule like..
  -t nat -A PREROUTING   -s 192.45.23..1 -p icmp -j DROP

  please help me on how to fill the structure and invoke the function.
  I m eagerly expecting your reply...

  thanking you
  vijay

* please help me
@ 2004-03-30  9:48 Sofia Pujeh
From: Sofia Pujeh @ 2004-03-30  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

FROM:SOFIA PUJEH
DAKAR, SENEGAL.
WEST-AFRICA
e-mail:sofia20@wowmail.com

Dear Sir,

I wish to present this proposal for the purpose of investment in your country.My name is SOFIA PUJEH, and I am 20years old.I am the daughter of HON.NGOR MONOH PUJEH the former Minister of Transport and Communication with the present Government of President Kabbah of Sierra-Leone.My father and mother were arrested on 1st of Nov 2001 by Kabbah's Government on allegation of using their postion in the govenment to aid smuggling of diamond from the Kono diamond field,it was just a political vendetta.

My father later died in the prison,it was diagnonised that he was poisoned,but Government report says heart failure. whatever it is, let God be the judge.He sent a note to me before his death, regarding a deposit of the sum of USD$1,200.000.00) One Million Two Hundred Thousand United States Dollars in a Bank in DAKAR SENEGAL. He instructed me to move immediately with the documents to a neighbouring country to seek asylum.I moved to the Republic of Mali where I spent some time before finally moving to DAKAR,to enquire about the deposit.

My mother died just on dec.26th, so i am kind of desolete.
Meanwhile i have located the bank, and have also discussed the possible transfer of the fund to abroad.Unfortunately,my father left a clause that the fund should not be released to me untill i attend the age of 25,or i have to introduce a trusted foreign partner who would be my trustee and investor,hence the need for your assistance.

I request that you be my trustee and assist me in effecting the transfer of the fund to your account or an account you will nominate.You will also be resposible for the investment and management of the fund untill i am able to join you after my education in your country.

You and I will agree on a percentage you will take for your assistance. Please let me know immediately if you can assist me so that I will give you more informations about the deposit.
I thank you in anticipation to your quick response.

Yours faithfully,
SOFIA

* please help me
@ 2006-04-24 10:11 Tu Ha
From: Tu Ha @ 2006-04-24 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

Hi,
I am a beginner writing a boot loader. I use gas to write it and got a
weird issue. The following code just try to show out the screen the
symbol "1" ten times

.code16
.section .text
.globl _start
_start:
        movw    $STACK_SEGMENT, %sp
        movw    %sp, %ss
        movw    $STACK_SIZE, %sp
        pushw   %cs
        popw    %ds
        pushw   $SCREEN_SEGMENT
        popw    %es
        jmp     show_banner

show_banner:
        movb    $0x07, %ah #white on black
        movb    char, %al  #show this char
        movw    $10,  %cx  #show this char 10 times
        movw    $0, %di    #show at 0,0
run_banner:
        movw    %ax, %es:(%di)
        inc     %di
        inc     %di
        loop    run_banner

die:    jmp     die

#.section .data
char:   .ascii "1"
.org 510
boot_flag:      .word 0xAA55

#constants
.equ STACK_SEGMENT     , 0x9000      # Top of conventional memory
.equ STACK_SIZE        , 0xffff      # 64K - 1 bytes of stack
.equ SCREEN_SEGMENT    , 0xb800

However, when running, it shows out a symbol in the extend ascii table
instead of "1" !!!?
It seems I cannot reference to the "char" memory location. Why?

How can I debug the binary?

Any help is appreciated.

Tuha.

[parent not found: <000101c6734a$573086d0$c41e1ec7@TuThuyHa>]
* Please help me
@ 2006-08-28 12:30 Kumar, Satish B
From: Kumar, Satish B @ 2006-08-28 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap-open-source

Dear Sharan,

I am new to OMAP5912, I want  know more  familiar with Communication data between ARM & DSP, then U  can give useful link to that i can more concentrated on this Board.

Thanks and Regards,
Sathishkumar.B.M

* Please help me
@ 2007-01-05  8:01 Debasree Mallick
From: Debasree Mallick @ 2007-01-05  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi,
monotone has installed..
But when i try to run bitbake nano command
it shows some error at the end..
Errors r
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
NOTE: package fakeroot-native-1.2.13: failed
ERROR: Build of nano failed

If u can then please help me out...
Thanks
Debasree

* please help me
@ 2009-12-21  9:15 rajkumar
From: rajkumar @ 2009-12-21  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xfs

Dear Sir,

i have scientific linux 4.7 server with kernel 2.6.9.-78.ELsmp and
installed the xfs rpms for supporting xfs filesystem.Now created  a
volume of 300TB plz tell me how to format.please give commands how to
format 300TB using xfs filesystem.

thanks&regards,
rajkumar.
tech support engineer.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4704 (20091220) __________

http://www.eset.com

* Please help me...
@ 2011-11-26  6:49 shibin k reeny
From: shibin k reeny @ 2011-11-26  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

From: mrissouf issouf @ 2014-08-20 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

PLEASE HELP ME

Dear  Friend

I am Mr. Abdoul Issouf ,I work for BOA bank Ouagadougou Burkina Faso.
I have a business proposal which concerns the transfer of  $13.5 M USD
 into a foreign account. Everything about this transaction shall be
legally done without any problem.  If you are interested to help me, I
will give you more details as soon as I receive your positive
response. You will be entitled to 40%, 60% will be for me,. If you are
willing to work with me, send me immediately the information listed
bellow.

If you are willing to work with me, Kindly respond to my proposal via
my private email address for security and confidential reasons (
mrissouf1@gmail.com )

Name.......................

Nationality.................

Age..........................

Sex.............................

Occupation.................

Home Telephone...............

Private Telephone................

Address....................................

Thanks

Mr. Abdoul Issouf

* PLEASE HELP ME
@ 2014-08-20 15:53 Abdoul Issouf
From: Abdoul Issouf @ 2014-08-20 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2014-09-10 12:01 Alina Yukov
From: Alina Yukov @ 2014-09-10 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good day to you,My name is Alina a dying widow contacting you from the sick
bed. Please I need your assistance in establishing my late husband
investment fund before I depart.
Mrs Alina Yukov.