* Big dummy lost SU password...
@ 2003-07-11 15:28 Jamie Risk
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jamie Risk @ 2003-07-11 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

Due in parts to brain fog and the remarkable stability of Linux, I've not
had to adminster my Linux box for over 8 months.  Because of Windows Admin
tinkering, my samba server has stopped working and I need to modify it's
configuration.

Is there a way I can mount mylinux box (say from a bootable ISO image I'd
make) to reset the root user password and not goof up the other accounts
that I've been so happily been using?

I'm hoping that combinations of commands like chroot and such will allow me
to avoid rebuilding my system.

- Jamie (if I rember correctly)

-