* RE: filtering by packet contents?
@ 2003-07-16  5:51 George Vieira
From: George Vieira @ 2003-07-16  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cc, netfilter

You can you use the p-o-m patch for the string module "-m string --string pattern"

this works and can be used for some funky stuff too like redirecting 1 virtual host on a server to another server which is very handy when a particular virtual host goes down...

George Vieira
Systems Manager
georgev@citadelcomputer.com.au

Citadel Computer Systems Pty Ltd
http://www.citadelcomputer.com.au

From: Daniel Chemko @ 2003-07-16  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Vieira; +Cc: cc, netfilter

George Vieira wrote:

>You can you use the p-o-m patch for the string module "-m string --string pattern"
>
>this works and can be used for some funky stuff too like redirecting 1 virtual host on a server to another server which is very handy when a particular virtual host goes down...

Just keep in mind that the string patch is VERY heavy on CPU depending
on how much traffic passes through the rule.

* RE: filtering by packet contents?
@ 2003-07-16 13:34 ` Waldecir Loureiro dos Santos Filho
From: Waldecir Loureiro dos Santos Filho @ 2003-07-16 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Vieira, Daniel Chemko; +Cc: cc, netfilter

i have a little question, how can i meansure if machine is slowdown
my network performance ? and how i can see cpu load of iptables  ?

From: Waldecir Loureiro dos Santos Filho @ 2003-07-16 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

i have a question, how can i measure the cpu load of my linux box with
iptables ?
i have a P200 but allways stay in 98% idle and i have a High traffic going
in.
i see high traffic with TCPDUMP. heehe

somebody know how ?

@ 2003-07-16  6:43 George Vieira