* RE: Serial port direct access
@ 2003-07-19  5:48 Stas Sergeev
From: Stas Sergeev @ 2003-07-19  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hello.

Miguel A. Rasero wrote:
> Well i forget to tell the list that i have updated the
> version to dosemu 1.1.5.0
Then you may not need a direct access
to serial port. Try the emulated access
again and in case it still fails, produce
a -D9+s log to see what's going wrong.
Attach your dosemu.conf with a log.

* RE: Serial port direct access
@ 2003-07-20 14:12 ` Miguel A. Rasero
From: Miguel A. Rasero @ 2003-07-20 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

>Hello.

>Miguel A. Rasero wrote:
>> Well i forget to tell the list that i have updated the
>> version to dosemu 1.1.5.0
>Then you may not need a direct access
>to serial port. Try the emulated access
>again and in case it still fails, produce
>a -D9+s log to see what's going wrong.
>Attach your dosemu.conf with a log.

Hello.
I will get the printer tomorrow and i will send the log but i have tried
with this dosemu version too with the same result, because of this i
tried to get a direct access to com1, but i need the com1 dev name
because the program that i am trying to print uses this dev name. Do i
have any other way to get this direct acess with the dev name? Thanks.

* RE: Serial port direct access
@ 2003-09-21 15:26 Stas Sergeev
From: Stas Sergeev @ 2003-09-21 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hello.

Miguel A. Rasero wrote:
> Here i have the logs, i have created two logs, one from a normal
> printed report, more short, and other that fails to print
Hmm, your app uses an int14 for data
writes with no IRQ handling. This
shouldn't make any problems.
This may be a problem with something
else I think. If you are using a
freedos under dosemu, try the MS-DOS
instead. Try to bypass your config.sys
and autoexec.bat to see if probably some
external program causes troubles, etc.
I don't see any problems in the log,
and since it doesn't work for you also
under win4lin, I think the problem is
elsewhere.

* RE: Serial port direct access
       [not found] <3F5F62C2.5070504@aknet.ru>
@ 2003-09-20  2:30 ` Miguel A. Rasero
From: Miguel A. Rasero @ 2003-09-20  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi Stas,
Here i have the logs, i have created two logs, one from a normal printed
report, more short, and other that fails to print i would be very
pleased if you can see it and reply me with your recommendation.

From: Miguel A. Rasero @ 2003-07-18  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Well i forget to tell the list that i have updated the version to dosemu
1.1.5.0 and it fix one of my problems with keyboard mapping but not my
worst problem that is direct access to com1. thanks.

From: Miguel A. Rasero @ 2003-07-16 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi i am having trouble with a serial printer, i have tested anything
from the mailing list to do it work correctly but i haven´t obtained
positive results so i want to make a direct access to com1, i have
tested many ways to do this but i can´t use the COM1 name, ms-dos says
me that com1 isn´t a valid device name if i use direct access.i have
tested with and without serial support in linux kernel.

$_com1 = ""
or
#$_com1 = ""

$_ports = "fast range 0x3f8,0x3ff"
or
$_ports = "device /dev/ttyS0 fast range 0x3f8,0x3ff"
or
$_ports = "0x3f8"

$_irqpassing = "4"

Anyone can say me if this is normal? Or if i am doing anything
incorrect, i don´t know if direct access would give me the com1 dev name
in ms-dos or not, thank you by the help.

-